Halo Master Chief Collection Still Buggy

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ESauce

Halo Master Chief Collection Still Buggy

Postby ESauce » July 12th, 2015, 8:35 pm

So I recently bought an Xbox One and it came with this game. Very frequently it will tell me I am not connected to Xbox live when I try to play online and I simply can't play. I usually have to quit the game and try again, at which point it might work. I am connected, have gigabit speed internet and can play other games with no problem. Pretty pathetic and disappointing that this game still has these problems

ActRaiser

Re: Halo Master Chief Collection Still Buggy

Postby ActRaiser » July 12th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Yep, the game as a collective whole is messed up. For every one thing they do right, there are 3 things broken.

I can only imagine this portends bad things for Halo 5 as well.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 12th, 2015, 10:03 pm

I don't think it does necessarily, I think 343 Studios simply bit off more then they could chew with maintaining servers for multiplayer in all of the Halo games(that's probably the reason why Gears of War Ultimate Edition isn't being released with any other titles in the series), so I highly doubt Halo 5 will run into the same problems(if anything, the problems with the collection give 343 all the more motivation not to screw up this time).

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » July 13th, 2015, 3:28 am

343 should have rethought their strategy.

Don't let eight studios, most of them designers rather than programmers, port your games. It destroyed Mortal Kombat's reputation on the handheld market. When in doubt, release two games on two discs, two for each and you can install them piecemeal.

Don't try and literally rebuild the game from a previous build. This broken many games.

On one hand 343 should have taken this into account, on the other they won't likely trust half of these robotic companies with Halo anymore.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 13th, 2015, 3:35 pm

It is a good game which I bought on day 1. Then I found all the bugs. I got Halo ODST for free. I enjoyed it but really for me it is as above the developers bit off more than they could chew.
A good game but not a great one.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 13th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Is there a way to mute people in matchmaking? I can't seem to figure it out...this used to be simple. Now I have some 12 year olds screaming through the game, a bunch of 16 year olds swearing every other word, and I can't seem to mute them.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 15th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Thanks. Yeah it makes you wait until you are in game in this one. I'm sure you used to be able to do it while the game loaded.

Also there's this other fun thing where someone's name is getting permanently stuck on the edge of the screen during matchmaking. I just played a whole game with the name "dolphin ovaries" permanently affixed to the side of the screen

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 28th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Has anyone else not been able to play matchmaking since the latest update? I just get stuck on searching for players now.

Return to “Modern Gaming”