Tron wrote:I agree. Here's why:
1. Movie minimum is at least 90 minutes. Usually they are 2+ hours. Tv is 45 minutes. Who wants to sit that long?
2. Movies are one story unless you count sequels. Tv can do so much more character building, plot building and etc.
3. Skip commercials. Now with DVR & cheap DVDs you can watch tv commercial free. Every once in awhile someone asks me if I've watched such & such commercial. I answer, "I don't watch commercials".
4. Budgets for tv have skyrocketed. Tv & the dreaded TV movies were always considered 2nd rate. Now studios are investing big in tv & it shows.
5. Main characters die. When they die in a movie you've had a brief time period to get to know them anyway. When you see someone die that's been on the show for a whole season or two it's incredible.
6. Guest stars rule. How cool is it to see a new character that you like the actor from something else.
As I wrote this I was thinking of Walking Dead.
While I read that, I was thinking of The Walking Dead. lol