Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 18th, 2015, 3:32 pm

Started playing this and it's pretty good so far. Graphics are top notch and you can grapple from great distances, making it a lot easier to get around. The addition of the Batmobile is long overdue. It even doubles as a tank.

One thing I don't like is how familiar the game feels. The city looks like the same one as in the first three games. The combat system is the same. I'm starting to think the style of the game might be getting a little stale.

ESauce

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

Postby ESauce » July 20th, 2015, 7:23 pm

I think after you get past a certain point in the game (you'll know it when it happens) the game really picks up. After that point I was hooked and didn't stop playing til the credits rolled

Vexer6

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

Postby Vexer6 » July 20th, 2015, 7:49 pm

I've heard mixed opinions regarding the Batmobile, some people(Jim Sterling, Angry Joe) didn't seem to like it very much as they felt it was overused. I personally think it's pretty cool, but perhaps there are a few too many "destroy x amount of drones" missions.

Also some villains are disappointingly underused and relegated to forgettable side quests, and the identity of the Arkham Knight is extremely predictable, I was surprised that my first guess for who he was actually right.

I agree this game does feel a bit samey, but I guess the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies pretty well here.

Return to “Now Playing”