BoJack Horseman

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Vexer6

BoJack Horseman

Postby Vexer6 » July 19th, 2015, 3:18 am

Anyone one else like this Netflix original series? It's one of those shows that perfectly combines drama and comedy.

ESauce

Re: BoJack Horseman

Postby ESauce » July 21st, 2015, 9:43 pm

Yeah I enjoyed the first season. I love Paul F Tompkins (Peanut Butter) and I'm also a big Will Arnet fan. I saw that the new season is on Netflix but haven't gotten to it yet.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » July 24th, 2015, 10:36 am

I got Netflix recently so I could sample a bunch of different programs and the very first thing I ended up watching were the first three episodes of Bojack Horseman. I liked it well enough that I plan on coming back to it (everything I watch at first is going to get 3 episodes for me to feel it out). As ESauce said, Will Arnett and Paul F. Tompkins are great, but I also want to bring up just how funny Amy Sedaris (who I loved in the show Strangers with Candy) is as Princess Carolyn. The animation quality is adequate, pretty much what you'd expect in a post-Adult Swim world; it works well enough considering most of the characters just kind of talk at each other, but there's not much flair or life to it. I'm getting a little tired of the whole "everything is garbage" cynicism that comes through sometimes (it's something that I see an awful lot now, especially in comedy), but Mr. Peanut Butter is a weirdly positive character and hopefully Bojack will continue to develop over the course of the show. Once I check some other comedies out (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louis C.K., Rick and Morty) I plan to come back to it.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 31st, 2015, 11:14 am

I watched the second season. And it is a dramatic improvement on an already good show. It masterfully straddles the line between hilarious and dramatic. If you were like me and enjoyed the first season but didn't think it was anything too spectacular, I highly recommend sticking with it for season 2.

Return to “Other Media”