No Split Screen in Halo 5

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Vexer6

Re: No Split Screen in Halo 5

Postby Vexer6 » July 17th, 2015, 1:25 am

As long as it gets added at some point, I don't think having it added in via patch "defeats the purpose", as long as it gets on at some point I don't see the problem.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » July 17th, 2015, 10:43 am

Vexer6 wrote:As long as it gets added at some point, I don't think having it added in via patch "defeats the purpose", as long as it gets on at some point I don't see the problem.

The problem is, they'd most likely be charging for the ability to play splitscreen. It'd be like them saying "Oh, well you already payed a full $60 dollars for this game, money you worked hard for. Here, we'll charge you an additional $20 to add a feature that should have been included in this game to begin with. We don't care how hard you worked for that money, or even how much money you make. We just want your money." Can you not see how this is a problem? Can you not see how anti-consumer this is?

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 17th, 2015, 1:45 pm

I highly doubt this is something 343 is going to charge for, after the fallout from the Master Chief Collection, there's no way on earth they'd be crazy enough to risk pissing even more people by off charging for split-screen, especially considering they were willing to give Halo 3 ODST away for free as an apology for the issues with MCC.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 17th, 2015, 3:37 pm

This brings me to another beef I have with the on-line model. Companies will release incomplete games so they can get them out early. Then they play "catch up" in the form of patches.

It makes a difference, because if a person decides he wants to play the game in 10 years, there's no guarantee the patches will be available (likely the contrary). So all people will have is the disc.

Tina

Postby Tina » July 17th, 2015, 5:13 pm

agreed regarding patches, my biggest headache right now is a online version of Little Big Planet, between updates and patches and "glitches," it has made what should be a pretty enjoyable game become frustrating to a point of not wanting to even deal with it.
Halo no split screen sounds completely ridiculous. I have no doubt many would be upset. If that is how you are used to playing and than pull the rug underneath you, bye bye.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 24th, 2015, 8:25 am

Okay, I pulled a steer and received a temporary ban at the Halo forums hosted by 343 by voicing my opinion a bit too forcefully. They also hid my comment as "inappropriate".

No split screen, no LAN, no local co-op, no sale.

I'm not buying the game.

For all the apologists on behalf of 343 where has your pride gone? For everyone that stands up and wrings out that split screen is dead and not a big deal and that some how it will take away from your precious 1080p 60 FPS you're sorely misguided. You've fallen victim to listening to the lies and marketing spin from 343 and Frankie.

It's akin to Hitler spouting lies about how he has no further ambitions in Europe before just one more country falls to Germany. The rest of the world believes his peaceful intentions and remains quiet through appeasement as he takes more and more countries. More and more lies fall from 343 with more and more features cut to hit the immovable date of October 27th. The apologists and appeasements continue. What's next? What other "features" will be cut? Forge, perhaps? The feature cuts will continue.

Has anyone asked what Frankie's bonus is going to be for delivering on October 27th? At what cost has 343, Frankie, and Microsoft placed on Halo for delivering on October 27th?

The legacy of Halo as an institution is dead. Who killed it?

Are you responsible for the death of Halo?

Last year we received a broken Halo. This year we received half a game for the full price.
No, thank you.

Count me out. I will not be responsible for supporting this mess.

So, what do you think, over the top? Completely deserved to be temporarily banned? The moderator didn't understand the context of the Hitler analogy. Initially, I was thinking I was banned for calling out the product owner by name directly.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » July 24th, 2015, 9:02 am

You definitely did not deserve that ban. What, is negative criticism against 343's rules? Are you only allowed to be positive on their forums and give them gushing praise and nothing else? Really sad. Bungie was much better with the franchise, anyway.

scotland

Postby scotland » July 24th, 2015, 9:42 am

You're funny. I think the Hitler comparison probably did it, although asking about a bonus probably ruffled a feather or three.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 24th, 2015, 1:36 pm

I think your post was over the top and I can easily see why some would be offended by it, as Hitler comparisons are definitely not something you should be casually throwing about(and I personally did not find it funny in the least) so in this instance I can't really fault the moderators too much.

I also don't believe people have fallen victim to any lies just because they don't share your opinion.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 24th, 2015, 6:30 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:You definitely did not deserve that ban. What, is negative criticism against 343's rules? Are you only allowed to be positive on their forums and give them gushing praise and nothing else? Really sad. Bungie was much better with the franchise, anyway.

Looks like others are now getting banned and their posts moderated as well for criticizing Halo 5.

I get mine being over the top and moderated. That was the point! :)

But this guy's posts, c'mon. They're legitimate criticisms without hyperbole.

Inappropriate:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/foru ... =8#post143
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/foru ... e=3#post43

Discriminatory:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/foru ... e=1#post11

Non-constructive:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/foru ... e=3#post54

Return to “Modern Gaming”