No Split Screen in Halo 5

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Re: No Split Screen in Halo 5

Postby ActRaiser » July 24th, 2015, 6:41 pm

scotland wrote:You're funny. I think the Hitler comparison probably did it, although asking about a bonus probably ruffled a feather or three.

hehe, yeah, you're right. The best part was the mod's reply when I asked innocently which one it was "Hitler or calling out Frankie". Apparently, there's still a wee bit too much negative association with the name. It's just a word, heck, it wasn't even his real name - Heil Schicklgruber! <I kid, I kid> ;)

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » July 25th, 2015, 9:34 am

Vexer6 wrote:I think your post was over the top and I can easily see why some would be offended by it, as Hitler comparisons are definitely not something you should be casually throwing about(and I personally did not find it funny in the least) so in this instance I can't really fault the moderators too much.

I also don't believe people have fallen victim to any lies just because they don't share your opinion.

You only think it's over the top because you're a Microsoft apologist. Maybe he could have done without the Hitler comparison, but making legitimate criticisms is not over the top, and does not deserve a ban. What about the other posts? Aside from the ADHD generation comments (which were only in a couple of posts), which could be offensive (though, as someone who actually has ADHD, I wasn't offended at all), those were legitimate criticisms. And what about the posts that literally said nothing that could be construed as offensive? Tell me how the hell the last post was non-constructive. It wasn't, 343 and Microsoft just don't want negative opinions, so they gotta censor it.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 25th, 2015, 12:00 pm

I'm not a "Microsoft apologist" just because i'm not as upset about this as others are, that's completely and utterly ludicrous. People aren't forced to share your opinions on this you know.

I'm just not a multiplayer person, so I never interested in this to begin with, so that's why i'm not particularly bothered by it. Yes some were legit posts and shouldn't have been censored, but this isn't exactly a new trend for official game forums to be heavily moderated, it's happened before on other forums with many other companies including Activision, Rockstar, EA, Capcom, Warner Bros., etc.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 25th, 2015, 1:01 pm

I always think these things are more humorous than offensive. ActRaiser's post was meant to ruffle feathers. I don't see much need arguing over it.

However, I find the other posts legitimate criticisms. Those I'm more concerned about on why they were banned/moderated... Opinions are bad I guess....

Voor

Postby Voor » July 25th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Some of you mentioned problems with the master chief collection. What happened?

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 25th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Voor wrote:Some of you mentioned problems with the master chief collection. What happened?

Short answer, the multiplayer has had a ton of problems since the game was released:

http://teambeyond.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-100-days-later/

Voor

Postby Voor » July 26th, 2015, 10:37 am

As an outsider (never played any of the halos past the first one), the MCC looks like a mess, but sounds like they bit off way more than they could chew to start with. Instead of all those updates after they realized they had major problems, they should have just focused on quality of a few good modes and matchmaking and ranking and all that stuff, and given like a $10 coupon to everyone.

Other thought is that I do feel the Hitler comment was out of line, as there are a hundred other ways to express that thought, without referencing a historical figure infinitely worse than a silly game or its makers. Just a poor choice, and I think a suspension seems fair (but not a permanent ban...unless it happened again).

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » July 26th, 2015, 6:17 pm

Bungie would have removed Single Player from Halo. :roll:

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 27th, 2015, 3:41 am

Hardcore Sadism wrote:Bungie would have removed Single Player from Halo. :roll:

Most of the good Bungie devs actually flocked to 343, the current Bungie is a far cry from the company that made Halo, as they've made several bad decisions(like firing Marty O Donnel for no apparent reason).

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 29th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Hardcore Sadism wrote:Bungie would have removed Single Player from Halo. :roll:

haha, Destiny really feels like Firefight with a story (that's incomprehensible)

You're probably right.

Back to Halo 5 I'm loving that there seems to be more push back on split-screen missing.

There's a new developer blog post up. It's pretty much a PR piece on why they removed split-screen. In summary, they don't have enough time to figure out how to do it without crashes or framerates dropping to 2 FPS. (I'm paraphrasing--a lot).

Here's the link if you want to read about it.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/comm ... our-weapon

Return to “Modern Gaming”