Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Terrible Game Selection This Year So Far

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 29th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Despite what this crappy article would have you believe
http://www.cnet.com/news/2015-half-time ... selection/
It's been an awful year for games.

There haven't been many games released, much less many to get excited about.
Reading the article I could count the must-have games (and I use the term loosely) on one hand.

This article is reaching so far, it includes episodic games and HD remakes. Gimme a break.
You'll notice nobody wanted to include their name as an author. The article is that bad.

In reality pickings have been slim this year.
The only good part is, it's saving up all a lot of money.

Vexer6

Re: Terrible Game Selection This Year So Far

Postby Vexer6 » July 29th, 2015, 10:07 pm

IT is not a "crappy" article and it is not "reaching" at all just because it does not conform to your tastes, people really like episodic games, I think you should give games like Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us a chance. An article not having a name dosen't make it "bad", that's nonsense.

This year's game selection has not been "terrible" at all, there have been some damn good games released this year that you should review, like Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline and Resident Evil Revelations 2

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » July 30th, 2015, 2:07 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Despite what this crappy article would have you believe
http://www.cnet.com/news/2015-half-time ... selection/
It's been an awful year for games.

There haven't been many games released, much less many to get excited about.
Reading the article I could count the must-have games (and I use the term loosely) on one hand.

This article is reaching so far, it includes episodic games and HD remakes. Gimme a break.
You'll notice nobody wanted to include their name as an author. The article is that bad.

In reality pickings have been slim this year.
The only good part is, it's saving up all a lot of money.

But this article mentions more awesome games than I could reasonably hope for in a year. And it's only the beginning of the third quarter! Also, hey! why do episodic games=bad? Lol

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » July 30th, 2015, 11:23 am

Seriously? CNet?

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » August 2nd, 2015, 3:14 pm

If you have to list battlefield hardline as a game to buy this year your only strengthening the critics argument. That game was universally panned by critics. It's been a pretty weak year for games. Here's looking to 2016.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » August 2nd, 2015, 6:35 pm

"I" don't know what you mean critic. This is "a" good year for games. Meh. I don't know why you think "that" games this year "have" been poor. I disagree with your point "of" view. "Maybe" you haven't found the right games "in" your wheelhouse. Meh.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » August 2nd, 2015, 11:13 pm

Wallyworld wrote:If you have to list battlefield hardline as a game to buy this year your only strengthening the critics argument. That game was universally panned by critics. It's been a pretty weak year for games. Here's looking to 2016.

Actually the game was far from critically panned, it has several positive reviews from critics and only one outright negative one according to Metacritic. So no that isn't strengthening his argument.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » August 3rd, 2015, 1:38 pm

Vexer6 wrote:IT is not a "crappy" article and it is not "reaching" at all just because it does not conform to your tastes, people really like episodic games, I think you should give games like Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us a chance. An article not having a name dosen't make it "bad", that's nonsense.

This year's game selection has not been "terrible" at all, there have been some damn good games released this year that you should review, like Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline and Resident Evil Revelations 2

"This years" selection is "quite bad" if I "do say so" myself. "Not" a "single game" interests me "this year".

Quotation overuse jokes aside, most of the games this year have been lame. Splatoon was the only really good one. Dying light is one I play, but I think is just as lame as Dead Island to be honest with you. Maybe we'll get something good though.

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » August 3rd, 2015, 11:26 pm

Hopefully some good games come out for the holidays. I haven't checked but it seems to be the best time for big game releases.

Return to “Modern Gaming”