Best place to sell (Xbox) video games?

General and high profile video game topics.
JustRobert

Best place to sell (Xbox) video games?

Postby JustRobert » August 10th, 2015, 10:01 am

I found a bunch of Xbox games in the dumpster two weeks ago. After cleaning the disk of any visible scratches, I think they look sellable, but I don't know what is the best place/way to sell them. I tried two pawn shops, but they weren't interested. Any thoughts?

Wallyworld

Re: Best place to sell (Xbox) video games?

Postby Wallyworld » August 10th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Ebay is the best place to sell. You will get fair market value. Any good titles? Check video game price charting website to get an quick idea of what they are worth.

Rev

Postby Rev » August 10th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Craigslist...

Honestly, posting a craigslist ad is the cheapest way to sell the game. I'm assuming you're referring to original xbox games? Most xbox games aren't worth much (there are a few but most are not) so if you bundle them all together you might find someone who actually wants the games. If you try to sell them anywhere else online there are usually seller fees, shipping fees, and payment fees. It usually isn't worth the effort to sell something online for a few bucks if that's all your selling. Craigslist cuts all the fees and someone usually picks up the items which removes all the costs. If you try and sell them at a pawn shop/retro game store you may get a couple bucks if they even take them.

Now if the games are worth some value, eBay or Amazon might be a good approach but make sure they're worth something before posting them onto the site. People always talk about how great eBay used to be for finding super cheap items. Well if they got an awesome deal worth a few bucks chances are the seller spent more money selling the thing than what they made.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » August 10th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Yeah, ebay gets the highest price probably but it's a pain and you wind up forking over upwards of 30% of whatever you get. Maybe we can set up selling/buying threads on the forum? That would be neat, cut out the middle man and just sell them gamer to gamer.

Rev

Postby Rev » August 10th, 2015, 8:39 pm

I know that has been brought up before it would be interesting if that came up again.

JustRobert

Postby JustRobert » August 14th, 2015, 9:23 am

How reliable are flea markets?

Return to “Video Games General”