Neo Geo Emulator Boxes for sale

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
noah98

Neo Geo Emulator Boxes for sale

Postby noah98 » August 29th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Made my own Neo Geo!

Couldn't afford an original Neo Geo or Omega, and was inspired by the Analogue Interactive wooden Neo Geo, so I created my own with a raspberry pi! Neo Geo runs great on the newest raspberry pi using the Final Burn Alpha emulator.

My wife and I have been selling Zelda themed emulator boxes on various forums, and I thought it would be cool to try a different design. See the attached pictures and also my Flickr link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shellv/se ... 6943029795
Neo Front angled.jpg
Neo Front angled.jpg (101.54 KiB) Viewed 3432 times

The decals are all custom printed vinyl and are also protected by several layers of varnish.

If anybody wants a Neo Geo one I could make it for the following:

Custom Box with inputs = $80
Shipping/packaging = $15

Optional:
Raspberry pi with heat sinks, enclosure, and power adapter = $55
32 gb Micro sd preconfigured with emulators = $15
Super famicom style USB controllers (good quality) = $12 each

I have positive feedback on Nintendoage for selling these and I use Paypal.
Attachments
Neo Inside.jpg
Neo Inside.jpg (104.87 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
Neo Back.jpg
Neo Back.jpg (109.78 KiB) Viewed 3432 times

noah98

Re: Neo Geo Emulator Boxes for sale

Postby noah98 » August 29th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Also, the box closes magnetically, and doesn't need to be opened unless you want to access the micro sd card.

Tron

Postby Tron » August 29th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Can you add TurboGrafx pc engine emulators to this as well? Is that what the extra 32 gb sd card is for? I also don't understand what a raspberry pi with heat sinks is for or does?

noah98

Postby noah98 » August 29th, 2015, 10:13 pm

Tron wrote:Can you add TurboGrafx pc engine emulators to this as well? Is that what the extra 32 gb sd card is for? I also don't understand what a raspberry pi with heat sinks is for or does?

Yes, there are quite a few emulators preloaded on the micro sd card. Right now it has Turbografx-16, SNES, NES, Genesis, Master System, GBA, Neo Geo, Virtual Boy, Sega CD, Atari 2600, 32X, GBC, GB, and MAME. PS1 and other emulators can also be loaded with roms.

As far as the raspberry pi goes, I sell those at cost with the box if someone doesn't already have one. I buy raspberry pi's for $55 which includes the shipping, a plastic enclosure, a power cord, and two extra heat sinks for the chips to ensure cool operation.

The raspberry pi is the little computer inside that runs the software. If someone already has one, they can just buy the box and put their raspberry pi in there.

Tron

Postby Tron » August 30th, 2015, 5:52 pm

I'm pretty interested in getting one of these from you Noah. Unfortunately I just spent my fun money on some paintings & books. I should have some money again by mid September. If you can sell me one around that time I'll get one.

Tron

Postby Tron » August 30th, 2015, 6:09 pm

Couple more things: Do all the emulated games actually work? May sound like a silly question, but I bought a modded Xbox a while back & half the games that were in the menu didn't even work. What was most disappointing was that the ones that didn't work were the ones I most wanted to play; Cadash, Military Madness, TV sports Basketball & Bloody Wolf all for the TurboGrafx didn't work.

Next question is: What is the output, AV, HDMI?

thanks

noah98

Postby noah98 » August 30th, 2015, 8:21 pm

Tron wrote:Couple more things: Do all the emulated games actually work? May sound like a silly question, but I bought a modded Xbox a while back & half the games that were in the menu didn't even work. What was most disappointing was that the ones that didn't work were the ones I most wanted to play; Cadash, Military Madness, TV sports Basketball & Bloody Wolf all for the TurboGrafx didn't work.

Next question is: What is the output, AV, HDMI?

thanks

There are tons of games, so it's hard to say definitively, but everything I have tried worked. Some of the arcade roms have multiple files, so you have to select the right one. For the console games, compatibility is great. MAME is probably hit or miss.

For the output, it can be set for either HDMI or AV out. If you want to switch between the two, you have to edit the config file each time. Most people buy them with the HDMI out enabled. It looks really good and there is even a smoothing option.

For AV out you need a composite cable with a 3.5 mm jack. I can get good quality ones from Amazon for $7.

I just uploaded some new pictures to Flickr with AV out on a small CRT. Our Flickr page also has some HDMI screenshots of gameplay.

Tron

Postby Tron » September 12th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Noah, do you still have a Neo Geo one left to sell?

noah98

Postby noah98 » September 13th, 2015, 8:12 am

Tron wrote:Noah, do you still have a Neo Geo one left to sell?

We have one that we just started (already made the cuts). Need to add the details and order the electronics which takes two days, but we could definitely have one custom made within a week. Just PM me if you are interested. Neo Geo is super smooth on this thing!

Tron

Postby Tron » September 13th, 2015, 2:19 pm

noah98 wrote:
Tron wrote:Noah, do you still have a Neo Geo one left to sell?

We have one that we just started (already made the cuts). Need to add the details and order the electronics which takes two days, but we could definitely have one custom made within a week. Just PM me if you are interested. Neo Geo is super smooth on this thing!

Ok. I got cash. I just need to transfer to PayPal & that takes a couple days. I want the works! I want the HDMI connect. Forget about the AV.

Box = 80
Shipping = 15
Raspberry = 55
SD = 15
2 controllers = 24
Total = $189

Return to “Classic Gaming”