20th anniversary of Playstation

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Rookie1

Re: 20th anniversary of Playstation

Postby Rookie1 » September 14th, 2015, 7:15 am

Wallyworld wrote:
This reminds me of something crazy I noticed the other day. Why the heck didn't the ps4 play dvd movies? It will play blue ray but not dvd. I'm sure it had something to do with paying rights to play them but seems like it should be automatic.

Wow, it doesn't play dvds? The more I hear you guys talk about this thing, the less interested I am in the next gen systems.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 14th, 2015, 10:20 am

Calm down everyone lol. Yes, of course the PS4 plays DVDs. I watched one on mine a few days ago.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » September 14th, 2015, 6:23 pm

The PS3's earlier production models are still the go-to if you want to play PS1 games on a newer hardware, though you'll probably have to give up a few due to compatibility limitations.

Tina

Postby Tina » September 14th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Husband insisted on buying back in 96, he was a big fan of gran turismo, still loves that game. His loyalty to Sony has not ceased, we have ps1,3,4 and psp. I tolerate it I guess, enjoyed playing frogger on ps1.

Verm3

So the playstation 1 is 20 years old in Europe

Postby Verm3 » September 29th, 2015, 6:06 pm

The PS1 was the console that got me into consoles; my parents had brought me a SNES before that, but I hadn't wished for or wanted one; I had always been completely PC focused until that point and still am big on PC gaming.

Don't get me wrong, I played my SNES a lot, but the PS1 was the first console I was involved in buying, sometime in 1997-ish; I basically fell for the Battle Arena Toshinden series, that I play to this day. I remember getting Dead or Alive and Toshinden 2 and while Dead or Alive held my interest initially, Toshinden 2 ultimately won me over.

Random ramble over :p

Return to “Classic Gaming”