Glock 42 review.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
SigSauerLover

Glock 42 review.

Postby SigSauerLover » September 29th, 2015, 1:33 pm

I recently picked up a Glock 42. I figure it's time for me to review it. So let me give you my thoughts.

First of all, this pistol is TINY. Seriously. It's smaller than any other .380 I've ever had in my hands. However, it still feels relatively comfortable until you start shooting it (more on that later). It breaks down just like any other Glock pistol as well. It has a capacity of 6+1 rounds. If you will be carrying, I suggest keeping one in the chamber, then dropping an extra round in the mag. The choice of the .380 ACP was confusing to me. It has no apparent advantages over the 9MM round. So why not chamber this gun in 9mm? Oh, right. So they could wait a year then release a 9mm variant, but more on that later. Alright, now that I'm done rambling about it's features and cosmetics, how does it shoot? Well, it weighs almost NOTHING. It's like pointing my finger. Sadly, that has a negative affect. You see, because it's so light, the recoil is much higher than most .380's. It's definitely manageable (even for first time shooters) but it should be lighter for a .380. Like any other Glock, this thing is deadly accurate. However, with so much muzzle rise, it can be difficult to stay on target sometimes. Now, let's be real. The recoil is definitely manageable, I'm just comparing it to other .380's. If you go in, never having fired a .380 out of any other gun, you'll be very accurate. But I expected less recoil. Now, let me explain what this gun isn't for. This is DEFINITELY not a target practice or sport shooting gun. With such a variety of larger .380's, there's no point in using this gun for sport. What it IS good for is carry, and protection. This gun is tiny, and I mean TINY. This is the kind of gun you keep in your bedside cabinet, or inside your closet in a chest of some sort. It's small, and you can draw it on the fly. You may hear the nerds crying "OH, BUT .380 IS SO WEAK". I don't see them volunteering to get shot by one. It will get the job done for whatever you need from it. Though I hope it will never come to actually shooting someone. Also, if you want a pocket Glock if you have a CCW (or live in a state with constitutional carry) it's a fantastic choice. It's also a good gun to give your wife if she wants protection.

Sadly however, some ammunition won't feed correctly. IT doesn't respond well to +P ammunition, so don't feed this gun whatever you want to feed it. Stick to the cheap stuff, it tends to work the best.

But, the problem is, there is a perfectly good Glock 43 on the market now. Sure, .380 gets the job done, but 9mm does it better. And the capacity on both guns is the exact same. And the recoil difference is very small. However this gun is a tad cheaper.

Overall, if you want a good, concealable .380, go right ahead and buy this pistol. It'll get the job done if you need it. However, for target shooting and such, it's hard to recommend this pistol when you can get better pistols, namely the walther PPK.

Rookie1

Re: Glock 42 review.

Postby Rookie1 » September 30th, 2015, 4:45 pm

I bought a ruger p85 a few years back. That's my go-to 9mm. Really love that thing.

SigSauerLover

Re: Glock 42 review.

Postby SigSauerLover » October 1st, 2015, 12:35 am

The entire Ruger P-Series is excellent! Ruger has always been a top manufacturer.

Return to “Other Media”