Facebook yard sale sites

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Tron

Facebook yard sale sites

Postby Tron » November 1st, 2015, 10:43 pm

Anyone use the yard sale sites on Facebook? In Midland Michigan we've got a lot of them.

I just posted a bunch of NES games & consoles. So far it's been an awful experience. First of all I don't mind guys trying to super lowball me on my stuff. I get it; you want to make a fortune on my stuff. I Understand that. What i don't like are how they insult me & say I'm ridiculous & stuff like that. My prices are pretty close to the video game pricing guide, but I'd accept a little less. I figured if you want it & not have to pay shipping it would be a good deal. These guys are upset that I won't let them resell my stuff for profit. There's several of these guys that make wanted posts looking for video games. They're obviously looking to buy super cheap & resell. What I'm wondering is if these guys are actually ever even successful in buying stuff. I mean they're offering me less then what the game store in my neighborhood will. With the Internet everyone can see what something sells for. Are they expecting to find little old ladies who are cleaning out their sons closets or something?

The other big problem are the time wasters. I think some people just get an emotional high by saying they're going to buy something even though they have no intention of following through. It sounds moronic, but I can't else understand what it is. Maybe they're like me when I was a kid. I would hide in the backyard & scream for the Ice Cream man to stop his truck. When he would stop & look around me and my broke friends would laugh.

Voor

Re: Facebook yard sale sites

Postby Voor » November 2nd, 2015, 10:54 pm

Yep, you are correct on both accounts. Which is why I don't mess with craigslist or similar means to sell stuff. I barely stay engaged with Facebook as it is....

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 5th, 2015, 6:05 am

Tron wrote:Anyone use the yard sale sites on Facebook? In Midland Michigan we've got a lot of them.

I just posted a bunch of NES games & consoles.

I would like to start of by asking what games you have for sale? Shot me a PM as I may be interested in a few :)

Yes, anything outside of a gaming forum (for the most part) or ebay (maybe) its just a bunch of low-ballers and phantom buyers. I used to be a member a of few local ones where I would put action figures up for sale, and noticed that all the people responding were the same venders I would see at local conventions. They would act like they were doing you a favor by offer you some ridiculous price. Gee thanks, douche.

Tron

Postby Tron » November 5th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Good point on that Rookie. I see that here too. If I can send pictures through pm I will.

I sold my NES consoles. Actually sold to a couple decent dudes. Sold a couple games too.

Return to “Other Media”