User Voting Online!

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev

Re: User Voting Online!

Postby Rev » November 6th, 2015, 11:31 pm

LuckyMan wrote:I just voted for the 2 new 2600 reviews. It seemed to work, but then when I viewed the reviews again, my votes were no longer tallied. Is anyone else having this problem?

I think it sometimes takes the browser a day or so to get updated automatically. I might be wrong... Also, maybe someone voted on your computer before(?).

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » November 7th, 2015, 2:39 am

Yes, I think there was a delay in my votes becoming permanent... at least on my computer. It was strange though, since the votes went through immediately and the number of votes went up. But when I checked the reviews again, the number of votes had reverted back to the previous number. It may have been my computer cache because when I closed all open screens and then went back to the site, my votes appeared again. Very strange...

Rev

Postby Rev » November 7th, 2015, 11:33 am

I notice the same thing whenever the VGC posts a review to the site. I have to refresh the main page in order to see the review right away. I usually hear about his newest reviews from the forum first, so I know to look out for them.

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » February 16th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Something's wrong with the reader votes again. I can't get them to load at all no matter how many times I refresh the page. I"m still using Windows 7 and I tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. All are the same. Anyone else having the same problem? I wonder if it's the ads keeping them from loading?

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » February 16th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Okay, this is strange, but it seems this problem is only happening in the 2600 section. I wonder if something happened when the new reviews were posted?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 16th, 2016, 10:14 pm

It's not you - something is broken. I'll look into it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 16th, 2016, 10:31 pm

Should be fixed now (you may need to refresh).

I had made a change that allows the "voter stats" to load faster on the main page, but there were unintended consequences (as usual).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » February 17th, 2016, 12:50 am

Working good again. Thanks!

Return to “Video Games General”