2015/12/6: Genesis: Dino Land, Fatal Labyrinth

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2015/12/6: Genesis: Dino Land, Fatal Labyrinth

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 6th, 2015, 11:27 am

Let me know what you think about these latest two Genesis review, one of which was contributed by the RPG Crew!
Thank Scotland for this one.

goldenband

Re: 2015/12/6: Genesis: Dino Land, Fatal Labyrinth

Postby goldenband » December 7th, 2015, 12:47 am

Nice Fatal Labyrinth review from Scotland! It's good to see a sympathetic treatment of that too-often maligned game.

One caveat, though: Fatal Labyrinth actually lets you continue if you get killed. It may throw you back a few levels, but it's not too bad. The review implies the game has permadeath, which would be typical of roguelikes -- but it doesn't, and I wouldn't want someone bailing out if they die at the halfway point and think they need to start from scratch.

Wallyworld

Re: 2015/12/6: Genesis: Dino Land, Fatal Labyrinth

Postby Wallyworld » January 24th, 2016, 6:42 pm

I really enjoyed the game Dino Land on Genesis. It had two things going for it for me. One is it's on my favorite console and second is I love video pinball games. I mostly agree with the review though as the physics don't feel quite right. I'd maybe give it C+ rather than a C- though.

One thing that really stood out for me on this game is that It's the only video pinball game I've ever played that has Parallax scrolling on the bonus stage. It's obviously not necessary for a game like this but still I thought it was a nice touch.

Take a look for yourself at the 22:00 minute mark of this long play video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mntYpPUKUg

Return to “Review Feedback”