Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
eneuman96

Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Postby eneuman96 » November 17th, 2015, 12:56 am

Addendum: Turns out I goofed and missed a spot where you get a powerup that allows you to zip along those dash panels, so that's my mistake and not the game's. My other issues with it still stand, but at least I can make more progress on it now.

zetax

Postby zetax » January 21st, 2016, 12:49 pm

Any further thoughts about this game? Best Buy has it for $40...tempted to get it just because it will probably be fairly rare, but don't really want to get it if it sucks. I guess in the end, I want to be able to play it, not just have it.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » January 21st, 2016, 1:21 pm

zetax wrote:Any further thoughts about this game? Best Buy has it for $40...tempted to get it just because it will probably be fairly rare, but don't really want to get it if it sucks. I guess in the end, I want to be able to play it, not just have it.

Ha, that was my reasoning for buying it as well. In hindsight I could have used the $60 for something, well, anything, really that would be better. In my humble opinion, good games go up in value. Bad games remain cheap for years. You can wait a bit and pick it up in the bargain bins for cheap in a few months.

zetax

Postby zetax » January 21st, 2016, 11:13 pm

ActRaiser wrote:
zetax wrote:Any further thoughts about this game? Best Buy has it for $40...tempted to get it just because it will probably be fairly rare, but don't really want to get it if it sucks. I guess in the end, I want to be able to play it, not just have it.

Ha, that was my reasoning for buying it as well. In hindsight I could have used the $60 for something, well, anything, really that would be better. In my humble opinion, good games go up in value. Bad games remain cheap for years. You can wait a bit and pick it up in the bargain bins for cheap in a few months.

I thought that about Bayonetta 2 as well, but the supply has dried-up rather quickly...

Also looking for a decently priced Mario 3D World, a lot of decent Wii U games seem to be disappearing fast!

JWK

Postby JWK » January 22nd, 2016, 11:55 am

I was able to get this new on Amazon for $30. It wasn't an official price drop; just happened to pick it up at the right time. I haven't played it yet but happy to have it because we all know it's going to have a tiny print run.

My advice is keep every Wii U game you have and actively seek the ones you don't now. NX is unlikely to have BC for the Wii U and other than digital, this is all we are going to see of these Wii U games. They're going to be very rare. I'm finishing my Vita collection now for the same reason.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » January 24th, 2016, 5:51 am

JWK wrote:My advice is keep every Wii U game you have and actively seek the ones you don't now. NX is unlikely to have BC for the Wii U and other than digital, this is all we are going to see of these Wii U games. They're going to be very rare. I'm finishing my Vita collection now for the same reason.

Indeed, here in the U.K most WiiU games go up £5-£10 immediately after release.

zetax

Postby zetax » January 30th, 2016, 8:56 am

Well, our local Walmart has it marked down to 30 bucks, so I figured what the hell. Impressions after playing the intro and first level...

I tried the Wii U version first and it does NOT impress. High resolution but ugly graphics. Control is awkward. I'll give it another try (or two), but probably not going to be playing much of this version.

The Wii version gives a much better first impression. The graphics are lower-res, but the color palette is brighter so it actually looks more appealing than the Wii U version. The controls are much improved. Plays like a cross of a flying lock-on Sonic game and a light gun game. Definitely the version that will get more play.

I suppose it may go lower in price, but our Wally World only had two copies, so who knows how long they'll last...

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » January 31st, 2016, 9:26 am

What surprises me is that launch copies containing the Wii game are still available, unless other places continued to include the Wii game beyond the launch copies?

Rev

Postby Rev » January 31st, 2016, 11:18 am

I think the game has sold so poorly that places that still have the game include the original copies.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » April 16th, 2017, 9:01 am

I finally bought this game - just for the original Wii version! (I don't own a Wii U). And I enjoy it... it's like an old-school combination between Nights en Sonic. Yeah, I think the original Wii version is nice. I like that the box has a reversible cover (Wii/Wii U) too.

Return to “Modern Gaming”