360 The Force Unleashed I

The readers post their own reviews.
matmico399

360 The Force Unleashed I

Postby matmico399 » March 4th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Wow,

Talk about a fun game. You play the role of Vader's apprentice. You actually get to play Vader in the first level though. But it is non stop Star Wars action as so many of us fans have starved for. The light saber battles are very satisfying, but it is your use of the Force that makes this game so much fun. Being able to pick up enemies and toss them around like rag dolls is remarkable. You will have to combine your attacks between the light saber and the force. Light saber is great up close, but obviously pretty useless at a distance except for blocking laser shots. But the force is where the fun really comes in. You can not only pick up enemies but also pick up objects and "hover" them forward, back, left and right. What is truly fun is "picking up" objects using the force and throwing them into your enemies or dropping them right on top of them. It's extremely gratifying to throw a large metal crate into a crowd of storm troopers or rebels and take out about five at once!

Yes you fight both sides. The story is still a bit of a mystery to me but as I close in on the end I am anxious to see how it ends.

My only minor complains are the graphics are a tad shallow for a 360 title. BUT this was released very early in the 360's lifespan. Also it can be kind of difficult to focus in on what object, be it person or steel crate, to focus on when you have five or six enemies firing their lasers at you. But these are minor complaints. Overall a tremendous game. GRADE:A

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: 360 The Force Unleashed I

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 7th, 2016, 4:15 pm

I've actually had a copy of this for a while but never got around to playing it. Right now might be a good time with all the Star Wars mania going on.

matmico399

Re: 360 The Force Unleashed I

Postby matmico399 » March 7th, 2016, 6:44 pm

Absolutely Dave fire it up and let me know what you think on first impressions.

Return to “Reader Reviews”