Nintendo Miitomo

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
scotland

Nintendo Miitomo

Postby scotland » March 21st, 2016, 4:35 pm

Looks like Nintendo's toe in the mobile waters is off to a promising start overseas with the social app, Miitomo.

For good or for ill, Nintendo is now a mobile game developer.

Rookie1

Re: Nintendo Miitomo

Postby Rookie1 » March 21st, 2016, 5:51 pm

Are they planning to release original content in north america, or are they just going to pump out roms of their older titles?

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » March 21st, 2016, 10:39 pm

Rookie1 wrote:Are they planning to release original content in north america, or are they just going to pump out roms of their older titles?

I would be optimistic to assume the latter. But sometimes Optimism has a prettier tone to it, so why not be optimistic...!?

*optimistic groans?*

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » March 27th, 2016, 2:52 am

I doubt they will ever release classic titles on mobile phones. Games would be unplayable with touch screen controls.

SilveryFire

Postby SilveryFire » April 1st, 2016, 4:36 am

This thing is silly garbage. It's just more social media BS with your own Mii thing. And it's full of bugs, freezing up constantly, requiring close and reopen of the app. You would think a multimillion dollar corporation can put out a functional product? Nope, even after waiting and planning this junk for so long on mobile.

Whoever is naming products at Nintendo should be fired and never heard from again. Miitomo? Really should lay off the double-i. It's enough. Wii was corny enough. Then Miis and WiiUs and Amiibos. They're like noises a toddler makes. Shocked the NX thing ain't called the WiiThrii by now.
Last edited by SilveryFire on April 2nd, 2016, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 1st, 2016, 11:06 am

Oh look, SilveryFire doesn't like the thing. There's a surprise.

scotland

Postby scotland » April 3rd, 2016, 7:42 am

I wonder what Steer would say. He let you know what he disliked, like mobile game crap and DLC, but he spun a 180 on DLC when Nintendo embraced it quick enough. Probably something like "Nintendo does free to play mobile gaming right".

This is not a game I have an interest in, but reviews are pointing out that it seems to be ad free and not constantly begging for money to renew your stamina or other annoyances. The absence of negatives is something, I guess. Not sure how Dena and Nintendo are making money, but maybe the primary goal is to build a mobile brand, presence, and customer base for app #2, Pokemon Go.

The downsides seem to be eating battery life like a hungry Game Gear, and its very limited. Pokemon Go, which sounds like another battery vacuum, would fix the latter issue. Its also using a major Nintendo property. Not Mario or Link, but Pokemon is pretty major. However, by focusing on the mobile aspects, it may be a really mobile mobile game, like geocacheing with pocket monsters. Accessories include a blutooth wrist gadget to alert you to pokemon nearby. Maybe it will be a fitbit device...

Return to “Modern Gaming”