10/10/2006: Jaguar: Brutal Sports Football, Syndicate, Trevor McFur In The Crescent Galaxy

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

10/10/2006: Jaguar: Brutal Sports Football, Syndicate, Trevor McFur In The Crescent Galaxy

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 10th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Brutal Sports got an upgrade, and Trevor got a downgrade.  Syndicate is a new review.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » October 10th, 2006, 5:15 pm

I guess it doesn't matter but based on the your reviews of brutal sports and Trevor both seem to deserve much lower grades. I don't think you had one or two good things to say about either one. Syndicate was a decent pc game but it failed miserably on the consoles, the control just isn't there and like you eluded to, it is more of a chore then anything else at the end of the day. Nice reads I just can't seem to nail down your grading system.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » October 10th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Trevor mcfur is a whipping boy for a reason, it's full of furries and it's pretty awful in general.

McTom

Postby McTom » October 11th, 2006, 9:18 am

[QUOTE=Shawn]I guess it doesn't matter but based on the your reviews of brutal sports and Trevor both seem to deserve much lower grades. I don't think you had one or two good things to say about either one. Syndicate was a decent pc game but it failed miserably on the consoles, the control just isn't there and like you eluded to, it is more of a chore then anything else at the end of the day. Nice reads I just can't seem to nail down your grading system.
[/QUOTE]

I never played a Jaguar game, but I agree with Shawn here. You seem to bash down the games, but give them relatively high ratings... just a feeling, you know. Liked the reviews.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 11th, 2006, 5:17 pm

At the top of every review page is this disclaimer (with the proper system name substituted):

NOTE: These games are rated in comparison to other Jaguar games. The main criteria is based on how fun the game is to play, although control, graphics, and sound also play a role.

I'm grading on a curve!  Since there aren't many great titles for the system, the standard is lower.  So even though Brutal Sports Football might be below average for the Genesis, it's still one of the better games for the Jaguar.  Same with Trevor McFur: it's pretty lame, but not half bad as Jaguar games go.

I hope this solves the big mystery.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » October 11th, 2006, 5:57 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SARCASM AND LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM. GOD FORBID WE ASK AN HONEST QUESTION. THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED

shawn police

Postby shawn police » October 11th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Grading on a curve gives the impression that the system has good games though, and seeing as how it's the jaguar we all know it doesn't.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » October 12th, 2006, 12:45 am

[QUOTE=shawn police]

Grading on a curve gives the impression that the system has good games though, and seeing as how it's the jaguar we all know it doesn't.

[/QUOTE]

It has Ruiner Pinball.

McTom

Postby McTom » October 12th, 2006, 5:02 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic] At the top of every review page is this disclaimer (with the proper system name substituted): NOTE: These games are rated in comparison to other Jaguar games. The main criteria is based on how fun the game is to play, although control, graphics, and sound also play a role. I'm grading on a curve!  Since there aren't many great titles for the system, the standard is lower.  So even though Brutal Sports Football might be below average for the Genesis, it's still one of the better games for the Jaguar.  Same with Trevor McFur: it's pretty lame, but not half bad as Jaguar games go. I hope this solves the big mystery. [/QUOTE]

I understand that, but crap remains crap, right?

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 12th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Fellas, Tempest 2000 and Aliens Vs. Predator kick some serious ass.  Those games are a blast to play even today.  Okay, AVP is a little harsh on the eyes on the big screen but Tempest 2000 rocks.

Funny, I always thought my copy of Syndicate for the Jag was broke as there was no music playing at all in the background.  Good to know the game just plain sucks and it wasn't my copy alone.

Thanks for the reviews Critic. 

Return to “Review Feedback”