Mario Kart 64

The readers post their own reviews.
Atariboy

Re: Mario Kart 64

Postby Atariboy » April 13th, 2016, 6:55 am

Out of curiosity, where are you playing it?

I've noticed that steering is a bit too sensitive on the Wii Virtual Console version with Classic Controllers or GameCube controllers, resulting it a bit of trouble with being precise like steering a straight course down a long straightaway on Royal Raceway.

Never have had that trouble with the actual cartridge and original controllers.

Retrology

Re: Mario Kart 64

Postby Retrology » April 13th, 2016, 12:02 pm

Atariboy wrote:Out of curiosity, where are you playing it?

I've noticed that steering is a bit too sensitive on the Wii Virtual Console version with Classic Controllers or GameCube controllers, resulting it a bit of trouble with being precise like steering a straight course down a long straightaway on Royal Raceway.

Never have had that trouble with the actual cartridge and original controllers.

I play all my N64 games on the console itself. I've had my original one for 17 years.

Anyway, I have zero issues with the controls of most other N64 racers I've played, yet I feel the opposite when it came to the sensitivity of the N64 version of MK64. It just seems so slippery.

I'm not sure why, but I can handle the controls far better in games like 1080, Wave Race, DKR, and Beetle Adventure Racing than I can with Mario Kart 64, and that's a big reason why I'm not as high on it as I am with other MK games. I just think Nintendo's been able to tweak the controls to perfection in the 2000s' and 2010s'.

Return to “Reader Reviews”