Top 50 Games Special in the works

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

Re: Top 50 Games Special in the works

Postby matmico399 » April 18th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Breaker my friend when I was younger I used to keep score. But I haven't done that in years.
I want to start a new career in the next week so I will let you know how I finish my next expedition with score.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » April 19th, 2016, 7:07 pm

Hey, you know what would be pretty cool? If you just posted the list on the forums with no additional text before you post the actual article. Then you could have the VGC forumers comment on whatever games they'd like. I think it'd be awesome to feature forumer comments on the article and make it a collaborative piece.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » April 20th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Breaker I just started a new career this evening. I will let you know how my career ends in Pirates Gold!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 21st, 2016, 6:19 pm

I would be devastated if Tecmo Super Bowl didn't make the list. A Metal Gear Solid game too-- the PS1 game holds up great til this day and by modern standards is the best playing game from the 32/64 bit era-- while MGS 3 is my favorite of the series and IMO one of the best crafted games and stories ever. Another good one = BioShock.

One game on the bubble might be NiGHTS into Dreams. It's in my personal top 10, but I know it's not that high when considered objectively. Shadow of the Colossus too. And Final Fantasy Tactics.

What happens for the games you haven't played or reviewed, though? For example, Final Fantasy VII would probably belong on any Top 50 list. What will you do for FF7 and games like that that you've missed?

As one "non-request", I hope that Vandal Hearts doesn't land on the list. I know it's one of your A+ games, but I attribute that more to the fact that you haven't played other tactical-RPGs, like the superior Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, and Ogre Battle series. Several better ones on the PS1 alone. If you ever had the time to play more of them (which I understand is a pipe dream), I promise you would drop Vandal Hearts to an A- at best.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » May 1st, 2016, 3:47 am

matmico399 wrote:Breaker I just started a new career this evening. I will let you know how my career ends in Pirates Gold!

I just finished my greatest career ever, and blew the lid off of my old high score. My previous best was 131. Dropped a 144 tonight.

[img]Pirates.jpg[/img]

(I'm not great adding images from my phone - hope that worked!)

Rev

Postby Rev » May 1st, 2016, 11:54 am

So that image file didn't work. To upload an image from your phone you'll want to upload with the attachment feature and not the

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
brackets. When you click the post reply button, scroll down past the area where you can type your text and you will see an attachments tab. Click on that and hit add files. That should allow you to post your picture.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » May 1st, 2016, 12:13 pm

Glad to see BioShock 1 is in the list, that game was amazing. However I missed SHOVEL KNIGHT. :)

Also, I really do not understand anyone who rates SOR1 above SOR2...

Return to “Video Games General”