2016/4/21: Wii U: Splatoon

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/4/21: Wii U: Splatoon

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 21st, 2016, 5:30 pm

Feel free to comment on this review!

ActRaiser

Re: 2016/4/21: Wii U: Splatoon

Postby ActRaiser » April 22nd, 2016, 12:32 pm

Ha, "light on content"

Did the multiplayer map selection oddity bug you where you could only play 2 maps at one time irk you? When trying to play multiplayer it would only alternate back and forth between two maps. Eventually it would replace those two maps with maybe 1 map and you'd still have 1 of the previous maps. At launch I think there were only 5 maps. I haven't tried it in awhile.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 22nd, 2016, 3:49 pm

Actraiser - yeah, sounds like we had similar experiences.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » April 23rd, 2016, 8:24 am

I agree with the review. Middle of the road experience. Maybe I didn't really get into it, or the fact that I'm an old school gamer and don't want to have to wait online for a match to form. The online multiplayer really is the main focus, but having to wait for a game to fill really killed the game. Maybe I'm just to old school, but what if you want to play some 'splat tag at 3am and no one wants to play? Also, they could've had this turf war as an option, like a "take your skills online" initiative; and also just have you play that same game type offline against CPU opponents.

It is a great idea though, take a genre that is usually filled with headshots and blood/guts, and give it the nintendo treatment. For what it's worth, the game does have staying power in that aspect. I wanted to really love the game, but the reliance on online play was a turn off for me. I realize I could still enjoy part of the game offline, with single player and local multiplayer, but the single player experience didn't do anything for me. I also would love if they somehow made turf war into a local multiplayer experience, which maybe they did. I only had the game for a short while, so I didn't get the chance to play against a human opponent locally.

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » May 4th, 2016, 12:15 pm

This is the first FPS shooter that I have really enjoyed since Goldeneye. I think the one player game is unique... kinda like a mix between Super Money Ball, Super Mario Galaxy, and Splatoon. The multiplayer games are fast and fun. I think the controls and camera are terrific. The only beef I have with it is that I wish I could play online with my kid. That sucks. Also, when they finally shut down the Splatoon servers... whenever that will be... this game will turn into a 3-4 hour single player game. Oh well, have fun while it lasts

I'd give it a B+

Return to “Review Feedback”