Top 5 Favorite Movies

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Funkmaster V

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies

Postby Funkmaster V » May 5th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Aguierre, the Wrath of God........... really?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » May 5th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Funkmaster V wrote:Aguierre, the Wrath of God........... really?

LOL, yeah for real. It's a bizarre movie, I'll give you that, but really intense and memorable. You either love it or hate it. Also, you should read what they had to go through to make the film.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguirre ... ath_of_God

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 6th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Can't forget Lost in Translation!

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » May 10th, 2016, 10:04 am

Gleebergloben123 wrote:

LOL, yeah for real. It's a bizarre movie, I'll give you that, but really intense and memorable. You either love it or hate it. Also, you should read what they had to go through to make the film.

I'm a huge Herzog fan, and you must watch "My Best Fiend", a movie that tells the love-hate story between insane actor Klaus Klinski and Herzog... leading up to where they both tried to kill each other. I watched Aguirre after watching My Best Fiend and Grizzly Man... but I didn't dig it. I wasn't a fan of Flitzcalrado either, but I appreciate Herzog's commitment to arduous film-making that almost kills everyone involved. LOL.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » May 10th, 2016, 11:51 am

Funkmaster V wrote:
Gleebergloben123 wrote:

I'm a huge Herzog fan, and you must watch "My Best Fiend", a movie that tells the love-hate story between insane actor Klaus Klinski and Herzog... leading up to where they both tried to kill each other. I watched Aguirre after watching My Best Fiend and Grizzly Man... but I didn't dig it. I wasn't a fan of Flitzcalrado either, but I appreciate Herzog's commitment to arduous film-making that almost kills everyone involved. LOL.

I watched Aguirre probably 15 years ago and I remember being kind of bored (apart from Kinski, the scenery and a few striking moments that I still think about), but a number of my favorite films were boring or confusing the first time through (L'Age d'Or, Fear and Loathing in Lost Vegas, Citizen Kane, The Big Lebowski) so I'll have to rewatch it. I did enjoy Cobra Verde and Even Dwarfs Started Small (although the latter film I'd only recommend if the description sounds interesting to you) and, as Funkmaster V said, the very entertaining My Best Fiend. Herzog's someone I definitely want to see more from, and it's nice that he's been able to have such a prolonged and diverse career.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 21st, 2016, 11:30 am

Not likely to be of much interest due to their age, but here's my all-time top 5 list. It's in no particular order outside of the top spot.

1. The Bishop's Wife (1947; Stars Cary Grant, Loretta Young, & David Niven)
2. Since You Went Away (1944; Stars Claudette Colbert, Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, & Shirley Temple)
3. Mrs. Miniver (1942; Stars Greer Garson, Walter Pidgeon, & Teresa Wright)
4. Born Free (1966; Stars Virginia McKenna & Bill Travers)
5. I Was a Male War Bride (1949; Stars Cary Grant and Ann Sheridan)

Return to “Other Media”