How does your wife/significant other/mom deal with your video games?

General and high profile video game topics.
Herschie1

How does your wife/significant other/mom deal with your video games?

Postby Herschie1 » March 12th, 2015, 12:04 am

[QUOTE=Dave][QUOTE=Herschie]My wife took away my PS4 controllers for the day because I had fast food. She says next time I eat that crap, I lose the controller, not that day, but on March 31st, the day MLB 15: The Show comes out. [/QUOTE]

Whoa, so by "wife" you meant "mother," right? [smile] 

Which fine establishment did you patronize? I hope it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, no, my wife took them alright. I want to be around to play MLB 43: The Show on PS7. I went to this place called "Little Island" by Skokie, it's just a ways north of Chicago. It's a hot dog joint, but I had a bacon cheeseburger. Was it worth it? Well, let's just say that today I got to play a lot of "The Show" on the Vita. You know...

[QUOTE=Voor]Still undecided on how I will let me kids play games.[/QUOTE]

Try having them play the older systems. My nephew came over one day and had a blast playing the 2600 and the NES. It's so heartwarming watching them try to figure out the levels like we did as kids. Plus then they have a greater appreciation for the newer games. 

matmico399

How Does Your Significant Other feel About Gaming?

Postby matmico399 » May 10th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Whether it's a wife/husband, or a g/f or /b/f or whatever in this day and age. How do they feel about it?

My ex wife enjoyed certain video games back in the day, but apparently has no interest in it anymore. My kids told me. The girls I have dated since then have ranged from really enjoying them to no interest at all. There seem to be very scattered opinions.

I would luv to hear from others how their significant others feel. Particularly Mrs. Critic. Dave spends so much time working, playing games, writing about games, grading games, buying games, etc. Does this wear on the spouse or other at all? I am curious to hear others feedback on this as well. Also how your kids (if you have some) feel about gaming in general. This could be an interesting thread!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: How does your wife/significant other/mom deal with your video games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 10th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Like most grown women I know my wife is ambivalent about games. The only two games she really loves are Dr. Mario and Centipede (arcade). She has been know to binge on those but rather bothers any more. She will play a Streets of Rage game with me on occasion - a game that dates back to our dating days. She seems to have no interest in trying anything new.

She doesn't seem to mind me working on the site because I guess she sees me at the computer programming and figures I must be being productive. When I'm playing games she pretty much does her own thing.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » May 11th, 2016, 7:17 pm

After I sold most of my collection, a few years back, I rebuilt a collection in digital form. I have a ton of retro downloads for my Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS Vita, and New 3DS. We live in a small apartment, so having these games is ideal because they take up invisible space rather than physical space.

bluenote

Postby bluenote » May 12th, 2016, 9:13 am

I'm a pretty moderate gamer, only playing an hour or so here or there. To me, it's all about balance. If you're playing 5 hours every night in the basement, while you're wife is doing her own thing, then you're going to have problems. I will play a couple of hours on a Monday for instance, then on Tuesday spend time with my wife, then play tennis on Wednesday, thursday with my wife, etc. Of course, this is after the kids go to bed.

My kids (6 and 3) are enjoying playing games with me. My daughter enjoys playing Yoshi's Wooley World with me, and my son likes playing Lego Marvel as well. It's great fun!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » January 8th, 2018, 1:41 pm

You really do have to be careful because often wives and video games don't mix. I've really been into Call of Duty WW2 lately, and I feel bad, because I love my wife very much, and I only have so much time after work and all. It becomes a balancing act with hobbies and such.

Can anyone with a crystal ball tell me Wednesday night's lottery numbers so I don't have to work, and can accommodate everything in my life?

Voor

Postby Voor » January 8th, 2018, 7:45 pm

The ideal thing would be to play video games WITH your family. But you can’t force someone to be interested in things they’re not. I play with my kids, but not my wife.

So, because gaming is so involved, I reserve solo playing to after she’s asleep or not home. Otherwise, I read....much easier to stop at a moment’s notice.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 8th, 2018, 8:40 pm

None of my GFs have ever been even slightly interested in video games. None of them have ever been interested in movies either. Or music. Now you know why I have never married. Though there is a possibility for me to get married to a pal sometime in the future. She has told me she is okay with my playing games when I am in the same room as her. So we shall see.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » July 13th, 2018, 3:26 am

So the other day I'm at the dentist about to get some fillings when my wife calls me. My nephew was over, and wanted to play MLB: The Show. He's a White Sox fan, so I probably should have said no, but hey, he's 12. I played nice. Anyway, the reason she called was to have me tell her how to get out of my franchise so that he didn't mess that up.

Now, that's an awesome wife! To actually make sure that my franchise, which is precious to me, stayed intact and not messed with. To show my appreciation, I'm going to go Swiffer the floor for her!

SpiceWare

Postby SpiceWare » July 13th, 2018, 10:21 am

My mom has boxed copies of my video games, even a framed poster for Space Rocks ;)

Return to “Video Games General”