Top 50 Console Games: Part II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
bllymcky

Re: Top 50 Console Games: Part II

Postby bllymcky » May 10th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Really? How in the world is "Mike Tyson's Punch Out" not in the top 5, at least. But to leave it totally off of the list? You had to have done that just to get a reaction. I mean, "Dr. Mario"?!? tops MTPO in your opinion?!? You CAN'T be serious.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » May 12th, 2016, 10:34 pm

C64_Critic wrote: However, I did find a comparison someone else did of both machines to include hardware specs and technical reasons why some games might play better on one platform as opposed to the other and it can be found at http://c64vsspectrum.com/.

Bottom line, at least to this persons satisfaction the C64 is the superior platform for experiencing most games.

This person gave the nod to the C64 Robocop, which has, as a minor problem, the fact that it was released incomplete. You literally can't beat it. It's okay though, as this hardware war is the only one I've seen where wild bias improves the flavor.

All that wild bias aside, may I recommend this head to head to head? (The CPC gets it's moment in the sun.) They're wildly biased with a wink, and they know what they're talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtLaOBhG1Zg

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » May 13th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Obviously a list like this is highly subjective so I can't really disagree too much. It's nice seeing games like Metal Slug, Tony Hawk 2 (even though I personally think the 1st one is better), Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Sonic 2, Mario 3, Soul Calibur, the highly underrated Hot Shots Golf for PS3, Virtua Tennis, House of the Dead 2, NFL 2k5, and others make the list.

I disagree with your Kart racing picks though. As good as CTR was I don't think it came anywhere close to being as good as the Mario Kart games. I also don't think Double Dash, with an honorable mention of Mario Kart Wii, represents the best in the series. The SNES one, Mario Kart 64, and Mario Kart 8 are all much better picks.

It's also a bit confusing that Gran Turismo 5 XL made the list. Your review implies that you barely enjoyed the game and you never even bothered to review GT6.

I have to strongly disagree with the Guitar Hero entry though. From what I remember the first game didn't have the master tracks so everything sounded like bad karaoke. The series got significantly better once they added drums and vocal options too. It turned into the best party game of all time and you could basically learn real drums and improve your singing skills by playing. I'd probably say that Rock Band 3 was the pinnacle of that genre due to the amount of songs and instrument options. Rocksmith 2014 could easily overtake it if it had some type of party mode.

Return to “Review Feedback”