2016/5/27: NES: Karnov, Defenders of Dynatron City, Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/5/27: NES: Karnov, Defenders of Dynatron City, Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2016, 9:28 pm

I think these three new NES reviews are pretty good, but I'll let you be the judge. Enjoy.

Tim

Re: 2016/5/27: NES: Karnov, Defenders of Dynatron City, Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Postby Tim » May 28th, 2016, 4:35 am

Entertaining reviews as always, although I do find it a bit frustrating when you criticise a game for being stupidly hard when you actually just haven't discovered a simple way of completing the part you're criticising. In the driving section of T2, you just have to hold down and fire to shoot back at the truck to stop it from mowing you down. I think it must have taken me all of five seconds to discover this when I was 11 (probably because Arnie does a similar thing in the film). Don't get me wrong, it isn't a very good game, and the difficulty is brutal (and yes level 2 is still VERY hard) but I recall it being pretty addictive back in the day, as I was determined to beat it, which I eventually did. It probably hasn't aged well but for fans of the movie at the time it wasn't too bad a game to pass the time.

Rookie1

Re: 2016/5/27: NES: Karnov, Defenders of Dynatron City, Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Postby Rookie1 » May 28th, 2016, 6:35 am

I love Karnov. One of my favorite NES games.

T2 is your typical LJN game. In fact, I am pretty sure most of it is just a re-skin of Wolverine for the NES. I know Arny is a complete re-skin of Wolverine as they have the EXACT same animations and attacks. It wouldnt be such a bad game if you werent so under-powered. I mean, your attacks are pretty worthless through out most of the game.

Den

Postby Den » May 28th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Tim wrote:Entertaining reviews as always, although I do find it a bit frustrating when you criticise a game for being stupidly hard when you actually just haven't discovered a simple way of completing the part you're criticising.

I think the same thing when I read VGC's review of "Revenge of Shinobi." The game is stupid hard with limited shurikens, but if you go to the options screen, select "00" shurikens and wait a few seconds, it gives you infinite shurikens. I believe that's the way the game was supposed to be played. I think if the VGC tried that, the letter grade for RoS would go up significantly.

crimefighter

Postby crimefighter » May 31st, 2016, 10:56 am

Karnov is the victim of Nintendo's idiotic censorship policies - the Japanese version has a real fleshed out storyline and cut scenes, not to mention a proper ending sequence instead of the crappy generic end message. When I finished this game I was quite disgusted with the worthless ending.

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » June 11th, 2016, 8:05 am

I had found the Critic's use of the word "expletive" in the review of Karnov to be unnecessary.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 11th, 2016, 3:31 pm

It's used to show emphasis. Also, I may have reciting a quote I heard while reviewing the game, and wanted to maintain the spirit of the remark without watering it down too much.

Return to “Review Feedback”