Project Scorpio Microsoft will release 2017. VR!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
matmico399

Project Scorpio Microsoft will release 2017. VR!

Postby matmico399 » June 13th, 2016, 4:26 pm

ActRaiser

Re: Project Scorpio Microsoft will release 2017. VR!

Postby ActRaiser » June 14th, 2016, 12:43 pm

It's crazy to think Microsoft will start releasing a new console like a PC. That makes backward's compatibility a piece of cake.

Now, if they could only focus on making games that support LAN and splitscreen again. :P

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 16th, 2016, 4:54 pm

I don't see anything amazing about this link. What am I missing?

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 16th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Serious virtual reality Critic. Have You seen the X Wing virtual reality game coming out on the PS4? It COULD be amazing! Good VR games get me excited. A new level in video games that could be a game changer!

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » June 16th, 2016, 7:58 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I don't see anything amazing about this link. What am I missing?

The Scorpio is more powerful than the high-end gaming PC I built last year while maintaining standard pricing. It's an absurd leap in processing power that no-one was expecting. 6 teraflops is more than 5 times the original console's GPU power. This means that gaming at 4k-resolution will actually happen in the living room. The same wasn't possible on PC's for under $3000 just six months ago.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 18th, 2016, 12:58 pm

ptdebate wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I don't see anything amazing about this link. What am I missing?

The Scorpio is more powerful than the high-end gaming PC I built last year while maintaining standard pricing. It's an absurd leap in processing power that no-one was expecting. 6 teraflops is more than 5 times the original console's GPU power. This means that gaming at 4k-resolution will actually happen in the living room. The same wasn't possible on PC's for under $3000 just six months ago.

Well when you put it that way......

Still how are the publishers going to make the same game for the Scorpio and the Xbox One with out having to develop for another system?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 18th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Tron wrote:
ptdebate wrote:

Still how are the publishers going to make the same game for the Scorpio and the Xbox One with out having to develop for another system?

Well, I believe what you'll see is similar to how PC games are built. If you play a PC game you can turn up or down all the special lighting gizmos and up or down the resolution. Based on your the PC's capability you're trying to match your framerates to an acceptable level to you. In this case they'll have 3 systems to tweak/ensure things run well in both.

Eventually, they'll release Scorpio only games similar to Nintendo's New 3DS. It's kind of the same thing. But I believe it's going to be a long time before they do that. Mainly because financially, without a large install base there probably won't be a big reason to do so. (I could be wrong but that's my assumptions at least).

Tron

Postby Tron » June 19th, 2016, 11:00 am

ActRaiser wrote:
Tron wrote:
ptdebate wrote:

Well, I believe what you'll see is similar to how PC games are built. If you play a PC game you can turn up or down all the special lighting gizmos and up or down the resolution. Based on your the PC's capability you're trying to match your framerates to an acceptable level to you. In this case they'll have 3 systems to tweak/ensure things run well in both.

Eventually, they'll release Scorpio only games similar to Nintendo's New 3DS. It's kind of the same thing. But I believe it's going to be a long time before they do that. Mainly because financially, without a large install base there probably won't be a big reason to do so. (I could be wrong but that's my assumptions at least).

That sounds fine as long as it doesn't have to be left up to the gamers to modify settings. If the Scorpio and One can default the games to run properly on the respective systems then I'm all for it. If gamers have to adjust the settings and install updates then forget it.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » June 20th, 2016, 4:38 pm

Updates are a foregone conclusion.

I wouldn't mind having some setting options. Some developers like pushing the resolution up with a trade off for occasional framerate dips. If I could set the game to play at 1080 or 720p, instead of a sometimes stuttery 1440 or 2160p sounds like a good deal to me. Especially since a lot of people buying this console won't have anything beyond a 1080p TV anyway.

Return to “Modern Gaming”