Resident Evil 2

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Shapur

Resident Evil 2

Postby Shapur » June 20th, 2016, 10:37 pm

As I've mentioned in another thread, I'm new to Resident Evil and have been playing through the series this year. I just beat Resident Evil 2, and I enjoyed it. The graphics were certainly a huge step up from the first game. That said, I was a little disappointed. Not because it was bad, but I always heard this was sort of the fan favorite of the original style games. In my opinion, it was really just too easy on normal mode. Compared to the first game ammunition is quite abundant, but worse the puzzles weren't really even puzzles. I don't think there was one spot in the game where I stopped running around, and had to actually consider my next move.

I definitely liked it, but I think the original game and Code Veronica were better more interesting games.

Next up Resident Evil 3, or RE remake...........

shootingstar

Re: Resident Evil 2

Postby shootingstar » June 21st, 2016, 12:38 am

Yeah, Resident Evil 2 is by far the easiest of the games in many ways, the enemies and bosses were not as tough as in the first game either. Still, it's a good game for someone new to the series to jump into, which is what I did. The easier difficulty helped me get into the series and trained me for the harder games that came afterward.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 21st, 2016, 3:47 pm

RE2 is a good game I agree, but just way too easy. 3 to me is the toughest of the original trilogy. And just wait till You get to 4, amazing!

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » June 22nd, 2016, 12:28 pm

This is an example of a game I never liked. Played it on the N64 when it came out. I just think the design is clunky. The controls are broken. Tank style controls don't work for games that require COMBAT. They work for Grim Fandango, because you don't need to be accurate. A lot of people claim it adds to the intensity, but I can't agree.

Glad others like the game though.

shootingstar

Postby shootingstar » June 23rd, 2016, 10:19 pm

Robotrek wrote:This is an example of a game I never liked. Played it on the N64 when it came out. I just think the design is clunky. The controls are broken. Tank style controls don't work for games that require COMBAT. They work for Grim Fandango, because you don't need to be accurate. A lot of people claim it adds to the intensity, but I can't agree.

Glad others like the game though.

It is interesting that you said that, because I used to feel that way about the first RE, until I played this one and I warmed up to the series. I still have some issues (RE3's introduction of auto aim makes things sooo much easier, especially against bosses) but I have gotten used to it. To each his own though.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » June 28th, 2016, 9:59 pm

I never liked the controls of RE games. but the first two were really fun regardless. RE1 was my gateway drug in to modern gaming. RE3 lost me though, and I thought RE4 was garbage. Never played anything after that.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » June 29th, 2016, 6:37 pm

I don't mind the controls. It takes a little bit to get used too, but the games don't demand that you are really good with the controls. Certainly not RE2. The only time I had to move during combat was against Leon's final boss. Everyone else, G-virus baby, Tyrant, everything all I had to do was walk in the room , equip the appropriate weapon and blast away.

@matmico I actually played RE4 already. I haven't been going completely in order, but I might revisit it because I played the PS2 version. I went RE5, RE1, RE Revelations, RE4, RE2 and now started RE3.

ronyrony

Postby ronyrony » July 11th, 2016, 2:38 am

I have the the same thing to say as the third comment....

Return to “Now Playing”