Best Buy Purchases

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Best Buy Purchases

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 5th, 2016, 8:11 pm

I hadn't been to Best Buy for a while but stopped by today and picked up some inexpensive games:

Just Cause 3 (Xbox One, PS4) - my friend Scott is a fan of the series, and it's supposed to be good summer entertainment.

RBI Baseball 2016 (PS4, Xbox One) - previously a download-only title, now a budget disc title. There aren't too many baseball games out there!

Might No. 9 (Wii U, PS4) - apparently some kind of Mega Man inspired game.

Look for the full reviews forthcoming! And if anyone else has any good suggestions, let us know.

eneuman96

Re: Best Buy Purchases

Postby eneuman96 » August 6th, 2016, 2:35 am

One thing you should probably know about Mighty No. 9 prior to reviewing it is that it is not a ripoff of Mega Man due to being designed by Keiji Inafune, who helped create the Mega Man series itself. Whether the game is any good or not is a topic of contention, however.

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » August 6th, 2016, 7:09 am

Curious at how much those games were (especially Just Cause 3)?

scotland

Postby scotland » August 6th, 2016, 8:02 am

eneuman96 wrote:One thing you should probably know about Mighty No. 9 prior to reviewing it is that it is not a ripoff of Mega Man due to being designed by Keiji Inafune, who helped create the Mega Man series itself. Whether the game is any good or not is a topic of contention, however.

Dave never said ripoff; he said inspired.

As a footnote, comics is one medium that has a history of who gets credit and who gets lasting control being a point of contention. The most famous case concerned Superman's creators. If a creator, who possibly did work for hire, later creates another suspiciously similar character or storyline, the relation of the new to the original creation may become a sticky point. It may also be another instance of what the law is, and what feels just not being aligned.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » August 6th, 2016, 9:36 pm

I love Best Buy because pricematching there is super easy. I've so far gotten them to pricematch Amazon, Tiger Direct, Target, Wal Mart, Rakuten, Fry's, Microcenter, and Newegg!

Return to “Modern Gaming”