Is Nutella The Greatest Thing Ever Invented?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Is Nutella The Greatest Thing Ever Invented?

Postby Retrology » August 24th, 2016, 11:49 pm

I think so. For those not aware, Nutella is a spread combining cocoa butter and hazelnut, and it is amazing. You can literally put it on anything and it will make it taste better. Recently I've been having peanut butter Nutella sandwiches, and they are the tastiest things I've had in a long time.

Thoughts? Anyone else appreciate Nutella as much as I do?

scotland

Re: Is Nutella The Greatest Thing Ever Invented?

Postby scotland » August 25th, 2016, 8:20 am

Thats funny. In the last year Nutella has become a staple in our household. I am still in the peanut butter camp, but I never tried mixing the two.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » August 25th, 2016, 12:51 pm

I personally don't like the stuff. I've had it many times, but it's entirely too sweet. I'll stick to crunchy peanut butter.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 25th, 2016, 11:15 pm

It's all right, but I'm with Robotrek. It's so sweet it makes my teeth hurt. It's like eating freaking melted chocolate. Peanut butter all the way!

Retrology

Postby Retrology » August 26th, 2016, 1:45 pm

You guys making me sick. Shaking my damn head.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » August 26th, 2016, 7:38 pm

Sicker than Akron Ohio on a bad day?

Metalbeard

Postby Metalbeard » August 27th, 2016, 7:57 pm

I'm going to back you up Retrology. Nutella is great. I agree peanut and nutella sandwiches delicious. Just recently bought a bucket of it. Didn't last to long.

SpaceGuitarist

Postby SpaceGuitarist » August 28th, 2016, 12:16 pm

This has been a staple here in Italy since the mid-60s, so it's curious it's gaining popularity in the US only recently. The best way to eat it is still like it's shown on the label - spread it on top of a thick slice of white bread, open faced - full stop.
My theory is that it would work really well with sweet and salty corn shortcakes but I haven't tried it yet - believe it or not cornmeal is really hard to find over here.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » August 29th, 2016, 8:23 pm

No. No it is not. If you think it is, then you clearly haven't tried Cashew Butter, or Apple Butter.

When I was fifteen it was the bees knees, but now it just makes me feel extra thirsty and have a burning tingle in the back of my throat, way too sweet for something so allegedly "traditional" outside of the United States.

Honestly if it weren't for those Ferrero they'd have no place in this country for adults, I feel like making a chocolate hazelnut spread at home is easier and perhaps not as overkill sweet.

Return to “Other Media”