2016/8/25: NES: Paperboy, Star Soldier, Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/8/25: NES: Paperboy, Star Soldier, Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 25th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Here's a new set of NES reviews you may enjoy. Paperboy has been popular all summer around my house. The other two games are marginal but not bad. Comments welcome.

thejesu

Re: 2016/8/25: NES: Paperboy, Star Soldier, Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

Postby thejesu » August 25th, 2016, 6:26 pm

I've never been a big fan of Paperboy. I see it as a frustrating game with a complicate control.

I think the key of his success in USA was that the real figure of the "paperboy" is inside of the northamerican's culture.

Voor

Re: 2016/8/25: NES: Paperboy, Star Soldier, Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

Postby Voor » August 27th, 2016, 11:03 pm

AVGN did a recent review and made the point that the action is pretty much confined to the lower right corner of the screen (like 30% of the screen). Lol.

Rev

Postby Rev » August 28th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Nice set of reviews. Paperboy is pretty fun, I also like the Flinstones game as well. I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford its sequel but The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy isn't bad for a NES platformer. I'd probably score the game around a C+ to B-. Anyway, nice reads!

Tron

Postby Tron » September 3rd, 2016, 8:27 pm

I love paperboy! It was best in the arcade with the handle bars. I wish the NES version had been a "home" version. Kinda like how Double Dragon & Bionic Commando had NES versions that were different then their arcade counterparts. I say this because the game is so dang hard. Being an arcade game means it wants to take your quarters without letting you play too long. I would've loved a scaled back home version with less obstacles and crazy people attacking you.

I loved this game, because for me it was so different than everything else. Based off an ordinary job that people actually do made it neat.

Critic - did you ever make it through the work week? I usually can't, but have done it.

Return to “Review Feedback”