2016/8/28: Genesis: Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, Twinkle Tale (Japan), Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/8/28: Genesis: Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, Twinkle Tale (Japan), Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 28th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Here's a fresh set of Genesis titles for your entertainment. Comments welcome.

scotland

Re: 2016/8/28: Genesis: Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, Twinkle Tale (Japan), Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf

Postby scotland » August 28th, 2016, 7:03 pm

In an odd coincidence, I recently acquired a reproduction cartridge of Twinkle Tale too. I have not played it enough to form an opinion, except to agree on the name which seems better suited to a JRPG.

As to your reproduction cartridge warning, its probably prudent. I have not experienced any issues myself, but this reproduction is not a repurposed original cartridge, but a newly manufactured one. For instance, the back of the case shows plastic bolt heads that may just be decorative, and the warnings include 'Do not bend it'. The front says Sega Mega Drive too. It plays fine, and the label art is solid. I am enjoying the occasional reproduction cart.

Wallyworld

Re: 2016/8/28: Genesis: Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, Twinkle Tale (Japan), Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf

Postby Wallyworld » August 29th, 2016, 9:19 am

Thank you critic I have long been anticipating your review on Twinkle Tale. I'm glad you liked it!

I love repro carts for games that were never released in NA. Especially for games like Twinkle Tale that have also been translated. The Critic has reviewed two games recently that I have recommended (Twinkle Tale and McDonald's Treasureland) and I'm thankful for the reviews and happy he enjoyed them. I only feel bad that the Twinkle Tale repro wrecked his 32X. I only hook my 32X up when I play 32X games (aka never).

Keep up the great work Critic!

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » August 31st, 2016, 12:17 pm

I always enjoy a few rounds of Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, nice review,and I agree it's a fast playing fun game.

Return to “Review Feedback”