2016/9/1: Super Nintendo: Darius Twin, Spanky's Quest, Pirates of Dark Water, The

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/9/1: Super Nintendo: Darius Twin, Spanky's Quest, Pirates of Dark Water, The

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 1st, 2016, 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if these new SNES reviews are any good. I'll let you be the judge.

scotland

Re: 2016/9/1: Super Nintendo: Darius Twin, Spanky's Quest, Pirates of Dark Water, The

Postby scotland » September 1st, 2016, 9:27 pm

Could you add the TV icon to Pirates, as its on the Genesis review. This is based on an early 1990s Hanna Barbera cartoon, which has never completed.

Another book keeping note, but the SNES review has a 'if you like this try' link to the Genesis game, but the Genesis game does not link to the SNES game. Since those links at the bottom are an algorithm, are they redone automatically once in a while to include newer reviews.

I may be in a minority, but I like having some easy games in my library.

eneuman96

Re: 2016/9/1: Super Nintendo: Darius Twin, Spanky's Quest, Pirates of Dark Water, The

Postby eneuman96 » September 2nd, 2016, 1:58 am

I relate embarrassingly well to you having trouble with Darius Twin only to see an article claiming that it's too easy. Few things are better at making me feel like an idiot than seeing people call games I have trouble with easy.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 2nd, 2016, 2:04 pm

scotland - Good call with the TV icon. As for the "try these games", these only get regenerated when a review is updated, which is why there wasn't a reference back to the SNES game from the Genesis review. However, I marked the Genesis review as "updated" so it now links back. About once a year I re-run the process over all the games to fix gaps like this.

eneuman - Glad I'm not the only one. I think a big problem with many game reviewers is that they assume everything is intimately familiar with the game and is an expert at that type of game. When I'm writing a review, I try to approach it as if the reader has no idea about the game.

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » September 4th, 2016, 11:52 am

I was interested in the review of Spanky's Quest and thought it was very pleasant (the review, I mean).

Rev

Postby Rev » September 5th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Nice reviews! Spanky Quest is an interesting title. Not that great of a game but it's a funny title to own.

Return to “Review Feedback”