This website and the people on the forum.

General and high profile video game topics.
BlasteroidAli

This website and the people on the forum.

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 7th, 2016, 9:52 am

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this website. Whilst other ones which were my favourites have died this remains strong. Also the forum is great with loads of interesting video game thoughts.
I mean I had never even heard of fox hunt and up it pops as a review and I just laughed at how candid the review was without saying it is like something the hound produced in the bushes...
Long may it continue.
This is my yearly all you need is Video games love post.
Group hug.

CharlieR

Re: This website and the people on the forum.

Postby CharlieR » September 7th, 2016, 12:22 pm

This is a really good site. I discovered this site in the spring while looking for a review for Brunswick world for the SNES. If anyone is interested, my mini-review would be "bowling game with good options and customization, but vey little gameplay."

I've always thought even if there were reviews for games I'm not really interested in, I'll still read it, because the reviews are always pretty funny, and provide good information. Really good site.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 10th, 2016, 11:54 am

Glad to hear you enjoy the site. I think that the people who come here tend to have a broad appreciation for video games, unlike "hardcore gamers" who know everything about Madden or Call of Duty but nothing beyond that.

I also have to give a lot of credit to the moderators who really do a professional job keeping the trolls and spammers at bay. I don't think I would run a message board without those guys.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » September 12th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Can say for a fact that I've been visiting this site for 7+ years, and the people here are very friendly. Rarely do any a******* show up here.

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » September 13th, 2016, 10:18 am

^Your last sentence did not seem friendly.

twilighthotel

Postby twilighthotel » September 13th, 2016, 10:35 am

Came across the site about a decade ago simply because it was the most common result when doing Google searches for game reviews. Kept finding reviews from here and eventually went to the main page and haven't looked back. Also nice that the founder of the site participates in the forum. Used to frequent another gaming site whose owner/founder is (at least nowadays) too good to be seen discussing things on the forum with common folk. :roll:

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 13th, 2016, 4:36 pm

I've known about this site for years. Like, I can't say for sure, but I definitely think it's been more than ten years. Let's see, I'm pretty sure I found out about it sometime during junior high, and now it's been six years since I graduated high school. Anyway, I discovered it by Googling "scary video games list" or something like that, and it brought up the Critic's Halloween list. Been reading his reviews ever since, and now I even get to contribute to the site by writing RPG reviews! Love this place!

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » September 15th, 2016, 5:21 pm

I found this website in early 2000's when I was searching the Web for a review of Dragon fire on 2600 and this was the only one on the net.

Been here evert since.

scotland

Postby scotland » September 15th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Came for the Turbografx reviews. I lurked about the forums for a time, and decided to stick around.

Return to “Video Games General”