Upgrading sports games

General and high profile video game topics.
Tron

Upgrading sports games

Postby Tron » September 11th, 2016, 2:32 am

I'm loving NBA 2k16 (PS4). It's the first time in several years that I've actually enjoyed a new basketball game. The game is still a bit too scripted with animations, but I've lowered my expectations and think that this version is much better than older versions in that regard.

Here's my problem I'm still enjoying 2k16, but want to get 2k17. I'm in my 6th season in Myleague. I just won my 1st championship last year in my 5th season. The league has grown with some draft picks making the all-star team and I'm really liking playing against the draft picks. The Hawks just drafted the 7-footer Julio Salvadari. He's got long hair with a headband and a bad mustache. I want to see if he develops into an all-star. I'm not sure I want to start a whole new Myleague on 2k17.

Greg Oden, Anthony Bennet and Steve Nash probably won't be in 2k17. Nash retired on my team and then I made him my coach. Not sure I want to give that up.

The one thing that will probably persuade me is if they make players look weight proportionate. I want an under-sized fat power forward, but I want him to look fat and not just be listed as fat. Kinda make Anthony Bennet look like Anthony Bennet. Other than that I'm not sure what else will persuade me. I like the new rosters and rookies, but I'll also probably be giving up on guys like Greg Oden.

Do you guys always upgrade? Skip a year or what? I thought it would be a no-brainer for me, but now I'm not so sure.

If I can create a 7-5 guy that would help. In 2k16 the tallest you can create a player is 7-2 even though there are guys like Sim Bhullar who are in the game and are 7-5.

Return to “Video Games General”