Super Mario Run (Mobile - Yes Mobile)

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
scotland

Re: Super Mario Run (Mobile - Yes Mobile)

Postby scotland » September 11th, 2016, 11:45 am

SpaceGuitarist wrote:The only thing they haven't used it on seem to be rat poison. So a mobile game is not the end of the world, is it?!

Well, Mario is a plumber, so Mario rat poison would make a kinda sense.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 11th, 2016, 11:56 am

I haven't played this, but it sure doesn't look appealing.

Then again, if they can generate revenue by appealing to the casual crowd, maybe Nintendo can use that money on their flagship systems. Kind of like the Pokemon Go game. If it keeps Nintendo above water, I'm all for it.

SpaceGuitarist

Postby SpaceGuitarist » September 13th, 2016, 12:00 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Then again, if they can generate revenue by appealing to the casual crowd, maybe Nintendo can use that money on their flagship systems. Kind of like the Pokemon Go game. If it keeps Nintendo above water, I'm all for it.

yes exactly.
I hope it generates revenue - so they'll stop squeezing every cent out of their console/handheld user base.
I don't know about you but I'm personally tired of having to pay so much for EVERYTHING when it comes to Nintendo products.
Even their free games hardly qualify as games at all - see Nintendo Badge Arcade - 30 seconds a day is not a game by my standards. And eShop sales of first party titles happen once in a blue moon.

3DS Home Themes look lovely (especially the first party ones), but two bucks a pop?! You can buy full games on other platforms for that amount nowadays. Badges are cute little decorations, but $1 for 5 tries at a crane machine sounds mental. They should be given away with the games or in exchange for Nintendo points - they are definitely not worth the money (hard earned Nintendo points magically expiring like grocery produce is another thing they could have easily avoided...).

And I don't know what's the situation in the US, but here in Europe you have to rush to preorder some of Nintendo's WiiU games if you want to have them in physical format. Fatal Frame sold out in a matter of hours. Star Fox Zero with the physical version of Star Fox Guard and Tokyo Mirage Sessions took a little longer, but they eventually sold out anyway (at least in my area). So how is it possible that on a console with an user base of 10 mil you still have to fight with a knife between your teeth for the priviledge to fork out $60 for a physical game?!

So, yeah - I really hope mobile gaming generates revenue, so they stop asking us to pay their games...by the pixel.

Return to “Modern Gaming”