NFL Season Opener Forum

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

NFL Season Opener Forum

Postby Retrology » September 8th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Panthers Broncos game starts at 830 tonight, so I started this forum for reactions/updates.

I've got Panthers 17, Broncos 10. Can't wait.

matmico399

Re: NFL Season Opener Forum

Postby matmico399 » September 8th, 2016, 7:08 pm

I see a big drop for Denver despite a stellar defense. My guess is Panthers 24-10. And I see Denver going 10-6 this season. I was listening to sports radio this morning. Most of the hosts agreed the worst teams this season will be the 49ers, (unfortunately) Retro the Browns, Saints and possibly Chargers. The 49ers and Browns just have very little talent. That Manziel pick was very damaging. Saints have no defense and Phillip Rivers as very good as he was looks old now. We shall see.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » September 9th, 2016, 12:09 am

Crazy ending. I thought Cam Newton looked good despite getting hit so many times. Offensive line couldn't protect and the receivers dropped some key passes. But man, that Graham Gano shank...they're lucky that's just the first game of the season.

What a game.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » September 9th, 2016, 2:26 pm

I'm a Dolphins fan, and I'm hoping for a better season than years past. They've had a lot of talent, but just underachieve. Tough game week 1 though in Seattle. Going cross country, with a new coaching staff, against an elite defense in one of the loudest stadiums in the league. Good luck. Hopefully they can keep it close.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 10th, 2016, 11:48 am

Before each season I get myself mentally prepared by watching two classic football movies: Friday Night Lights and Varsity Blues. Billy Bob Thornton and Jon Voigt put in some amazing performances in those.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » September 14th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Who stayed up to watch that Rams-49ers game? God that was awful. Perhaps the worst football game ever conceived, it was so bad that it wasn't "so bad it's good", and the only thing good that came out of it was Kevin Harlan announcing the drunk fan running onto the field.

As Mike Singletary once said: "Cannot win with em, cannot coach with em, can't do it."

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » September 14th, 2016, 7:59 pm

I heard that Kevin Harlan bit on the herd with Colin Cowherd. Great stuff. Kristine lahey, the co-host, said the drunk fan had more rushing yards than the whole rams team! I was shocked to see the score the next morning; I don't know what I'm more surprised by, the Rams being shutout, or the 49ers scoring that many points. I guess Chip Kelly is the real deal as a coach.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » October 10th, 2016, 10:27 am

So...who's the MVP after 5 weeks?

I'd have to go Ben Roethlisberger. Ball placement and decision making have been wonderful, and he's being aggressive (exciting) in a time where there's a lot of short passing offenses.

Honorable Mentions: Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford, Derek Carr

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 10th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Matt Ryan has been solid. Some people also say Ezekiel Elliott.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » October 10th, 2016, 2:24 pm

Check this out. On top you've got Matt Ryan. However, Atlanta has a 4:1 win loss record.

Guess who's 5 and 0 and on that list. Mr Sam Bradford. Go Vikes!

Hey, I'd normally cheer for Dallas (they're doing well under Prescott too) Who knew?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/stats/expanded

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... s%20record

Return to “Other Media”