Blair Witch

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Blair Witch

Postby matmico399 » September 16th, 2016, 7:55 pm

You either luved or hated The Blair Witch Project back in 1999. I thought it was absolutely brilliant with great actors and creepiness on a rock bottom budget. I pretend the original sequel never existed. Horrible. But now Blair Witch has come out today. The true sequel. No I haven't seen it yet but I am excited as the film has been getting really good reviews and the trailer looks really creepy. I'm not a horror movie guy but I luv a good story. This one looks good!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Blair Witch

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 16th, 2016, 9:43 pm

Yeah I saw the original in Baltimore city on opening night, and everybody at the time thought it was totally real. During that closing scene you could hear a pin drop in the audience. We were stunned.

I don't really expect the new one to reach those heights, but if it can capture any of the magic of the original it will be worth seeing. The timing is perfect at least!

Reviews are welcome but no spoilers please.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » September 21st, 2016, 9:24 pm

Hey Folks, can anyone who has seen this give it a grade or review without spoilers. Thanks!

Rev

Postby Rev » September 21st, 2016, 10:24 pm

Honestly, I'd probably give it a B-. The actors don't always feel genuine and the movie borrows heavily from the original and the camera is very shaky (even more than the original). However, it does some unique things such as messing with time, offering more scares, and I felt a similar eerie feeling that I experienced with the original film, once the credits started to roll. My biggest complaint is that the movie doesn't feel as real compared to the original. I recently re-watched the BWP and it holds up very well all these years later. This movie loses something in the process yet if you take it for what it is, it is still worth a watch if you like the original.

tortimer

Postby tortimer » September 29th, 2016, 1:38 pm

All of the magic of the original was based on the audience believing it real. It was really more a cultural moment in time (that isn't likely to be replicated).

Return to “Other Media”