Westworld

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
ActRaiser

Westworld

Postby ActRaiser » October 4th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Did anyone watch Westworld on HBO on Sunday?

They're trying to turn it into the next Game of Thrones series.

I loved the 70s movie when I was a kid with Yul Brynner. It's now got Ed Harris as the Man in Black. From the comments they made in the show itself Westworld or some form of it has been running for 30 years. That's cool to think of the TV series as some sort of continuation of Westworld/Futureworld.

The ending of the first episode was pretty nifty. Any guesses to the Man in Black (man vs host)? I assumed at the start he was a host but the episode made it look like he was human. Perhaps, he's somehow shutoff things so that no one knows he's a host? I was a bit confused by that aspect of the show.

Anyone have thoughts on it?

Rookie1

Re: Westworld

Postby Rookie1 » October 5th, 2016, 6:25 pm

I have heard this is really good, and just read it is doing incredible in the ratings department. I will have to give it a watch.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » October 15th, 2016, 8:26 am

Anyone watch the second episode?

<spoilerish as its only the 2nd episode>
I think they turned Red Dead Redemption into a TV show where the guests can go all Grand Theft Auto on everyone. The Man in Black is a guest that's been coming for 30 years and is looking for a game within a game. He goes around killing the hosts looking for Easter eggs.
<end spoiler>

This might be the first tv show about having a real life video game as an amusement park. It's crazy. Imagine killing a whole bunch of pedestrians in GTA because you're bored but then swap that with doing it to robots that look like real people. You might actually not go through with killing a mass number of "people".

So far, it's been good. And that was week 2 only!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 18th, 2017, 9:24 am

The problem for Westworld is that Ed Harris is not Yul Brunner. It is an okay sf show.
Really I just do not know why they could not remake Logans run.

Voor

Postby Voor » March 27th, 2017, 12:01 am

I watched it twice, and liked it more the 2nd time. Definitely drags in parts, but the premise and production are top notch.

Return to “Other Media”