Games That Need Sequels/Reboots/Remakes Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

General and high profile video game topics.
LoganRuckman

Games That Need Sequels/Reboots/Remakes Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Postby LoganRuckman » October 12th, 2016, 4:36 am

I know a lot of people complain about the overabundance of sequels in today's market, and justifiably so. I would love to see more new IPs, so I understand the complaint. But what about the games and franchises that have seemingly been abandoned? Wouldn't it be great if these series had another chance in the limelight?

You know, like F-Zero. It's been 12 years since the last game was released. We're due for an F-Zero NX with superfast anti gravity racing in glorious HD. Maybe Nintendo could add stuff like underwater sections like they did with Mario Kart.

What are some games you'd like to see come back?

Rookie1

Re: Games That Need Sequels/Reboots/Remakes Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Postby Rookie1 » October 12th, 2016, 8:57 am

I have always wanted a console remake of Ocarina of Time. Not just an HD upgrade, but a full remake from the ground up that incorporates the latest graphics and all of the crazy ideas they originally had planned for the game. That would be so cool

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 12th, 2016, 9:50 am

there are two series that popped into my head right away that had trilogies on their respective system. One we've had no installments from, and one that had spinoff games.

One of the series' that was a lot of fun that had some not great spinoffs was Crash Bandicoot. Of course, there was wrath of cortex on GC, PS2, and xbox, but another sequel on modern consoles would be nice, and I hear they are making one, but only on ps4.

The other one, that I played a ton of, mainly the second installment, is Streets of Rage. I thought I heard of a 3d streets of rage getting cancelled, though. For what it's worth, I hear Spikeout: battle street is like what a 3d streets of rage would be like. Also, the street fights in the Yakuza games are kind of like a 3d streets of rage.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 12th, 2016, 5:30 pm

CharlieR wrote:there are two series that popped into my head right away that had trilogies on their respective system. One we've had no installments from, and one that had spinoff games.

One of the series' that was a lot of fun that had some not great spinoffs was Crash Bandicoot. Of course, there was wrath of cortex on GC, PS2, and xbox, but another sequel on modern consoles would be nice, and I hear they are making one, but only on ps4.

The other one, that I played a ton of, mainly the second installment, is Streets of Rage. I thought I heard of a 3d streets of rage getting cancelled, though. For what it's worth, I hear Spikeout: battle street is like what a 3d streets of rage would be like. Also, the street fights in the Yakuza games are kind of like a 3d streets of rage.

Didnt they do a 2.5D remake of SoR? I swear I saw a "lets play" of that somewhere. It was along the lines of the Turtles in Time remake they did on PS3.

A Crash Bandicoot remake would be cool. When I got my PS1 it was a christmas pack from Costco that came with CB2 and Twisted Metal. I played the hell out of both of those games.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 12th, 2016, 9:20 pm

I'm pretty sure there were no official remakes of streets of rage, just fan made games on PC.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » October 12th, 2016, 9:54 pm

Yeah, I'd love to see Crash, and traditional Spyro, make a comeback. Two of the finest 3D platforming series of the '90s.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » October 13th, 2016, 12:08 am

How about a reboot of Madden?

/rimshot

Retrology

Postby Retrology » October 13th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Blast Corps needs another sequel. The game is too good to not have one.

I also want to see another F-Zero sequel. It's been way too long, and Nintendo needs to release one in HD. Another Kid Icarus game in the style of Uprising as well please (one of my favorite games of all time)

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » October 13th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Retrology wrote:Another Kid Icarus game in the style of Uprising as well please (one of my favorite games of all time)

I was thinking Kid Icarus, too, but something more along the lines of a 2D side-scrolling platformer/action-adventure game like the original.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » October 14th, 2016, 12:19 am

Rookie1 wrote:
CharlieR wrote:there are two series that popped into my head right away that had trilogies on their respective system. One we've had no installments from, and one that had spinoff games.

Didnt they do a 2.5D remake of SoR? I swear I saw a "lets play" of that somewhere. It was along the lines of the Turtles in Time remake they did on PS3.

A Crash Bandicoot remake would be cool. When I got my PS1 it was a christmas pack from Costco that came with CB2 and Twisted Metal. I played the hell out of both of those games.

There was a double dragon remake/sequel called double dragon neon. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

I'd like a Chrono trigger and Chrono Cross sequel as well as a real sequel to Mario RPG.

Return to “Video Games General”