The Cleveland Sports Curse Is Finally Over

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Re: The Cleveland Sports Curse Is Finally Over

Postby Retrology » October 19th, 2016, 11:20 pm

Indians are going to the World Series! This year's team is coincidentally my favorite one since the 1995 unit. I love Francisco Lindor (favorite baseball player currently), Jason Kipnis, Jose Ramierez, Carlos Santana, Corey Kluber, Trevor Bauer, Josh Tomlin, and Mike Napoli. Really good unit that's gotten this far thanks to the pitching unit and bullpen.

I was screaming when they won the AL Central, and went ballistic when they advanced to the World Series. I hope we face the Cubs so that if they do happen to lose, it'll be to a team that ends their long curse.

Steve

Postby Steve » October 20th, 2016, 2:30 pm

As a resident of Cleveland for the last 4 years, it's nice to see Cleveland have such a great year with 2 championship teams. However, I also lived in Chicago for 31 years so I'm hopeful the Cubs not only with the NL championship but also beat Cleveland :o

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 21st, 2016, 10:40 am

That would be amazing Retrology. For a city that hasn't won a championship in so many years to get two in one, wow! Good luck. Very impressed with my Falcons so far, I've got my hopes up.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » October 21st, 2016, 6:00 pm

matmico399 wrote:That would be amazing Retrology. For a city that hasn't won a championship in so many years to get two in one, wow! Good luck. Very impressed with my Falcons so far, I've got my hopes up.

Oh my friend, how quickly you've forgotten about the Lake Erie monsters! The Tribe's going for the trifecta for Cleveland!

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 3rd, 2016, 2:36 pm

It could very well be argued that this year's Tribe significantly overachieved given the sheer number of obstacles they had to overcome, but sadly all anyone will remember is that they blew a 3-1 lead to a (probably better) Cubs team. I know I should just feel pride for the team, but man does it hurt! After the Cavs I had almost forgotten how bitter crushing defeat can be!

Retrology

Postby Retrology » November 3rd, 2016, 6:33 pm

Congrats to the Cubs, they suffered for so long over that drought and now it's finally over. I'm friends with the cousin of Kyle Schwarber, so I'm especially happy for him.

As for the 3-1, yeah the Warriors jokes won't mean as much as they use to, but this loss won't sting as much as it did in the past because of the Cavs championship. Imagine that. Both the Cleveland sports curse and the Cubs curse ended in the same year.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » November 4th, 2016, 8:53 am

That was an amazing game, probably the best baseball game I've seen. Glad the Cubs won, and I'm not even a fan. I think they were lucky, as I think the decision to pull the starting pitcher to put in Jon Lester was not a good idea because....

A. Hendricks was pitching good, just happened to walk a guy. knee-jerk decision to pull him I thought.

2. Joe Maddon said it himself that Jon Lester does not do well coming into dirty innings (innings with runners on base,) and immediately gives up two runs.

So maybe he just outsmarted himself, but the cubs win the world series in the end. Hopefully, the mariners will do the same someday.

Return to “Other Media”