Election weekend gaming

General and high profile video game topics.
scotland

Election weekend gaming

Postby scotland » November 5th, 2016, 7:50 am

I know the rule is -no politics-since we can't even talk about Ghostbusters without flaming each other.
Can we keep it about video games? I will be positive, but Nate Silver predicts this thread will be locked or deleted by midnight. Fair warning then to try to post video game thoughts only.

If you are in America, you may have heard we have an election coming up in a few days. Since some of us select games based on seasons or events like shark week, is anyone choosing a game this weekend affected by the election? Either embracing it or actively ignoring it?

There is a Commodore 64 strategy game called President Elect, but I don't think I have the patience for an SSI game right now.

Instead i might play RISK on the Genesis. Is it just the world map? Is there one with a United States map? I cannot explain it, but I have enjoyed RISK on the Genesis far more than it probably merits. I think its just a world map though.

Or embrace the wackiness and play Joust. What are good home ports of Joust out there? Flying ostriches seem appropriate. I cannot recall if I even own NES Joust, which would seem a good ....platform...for Joust.

Or maybe Archon. Archon fits this bizarre election cycle pretty well. Its been awhile since I played Archon.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Election weekend gaming

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 5th, 2016, 9:58 am

What is this "election" you speak of?

Sike.

What about War Games or War Room for the Colecovision?

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » November 5th, 2016, 12:27 pm

I guess the Leon campaign in Resident Evil 6 had the president turning into a zombie and being killed? I only played the first couple of hours and that was like four years ago so I don't know how the storyline turned out.

The Metal Gear Solid series seems like an obvious pick - I've even seen a thread about the current election called "Metal Gear Stupid".

I haven't played the Devil May Cry reboot, but doesn't it feature either the president or a prominent politician either as a demon in disguise or at least possessed?

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » November 5th, 2016, 12:27 pm

North and South on the NES would be appropriate. You get the eastern half of the U.S.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » November 5th, 2016, 1:55 pm

"The president has been kidnapped. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue him?"

scotland

Postby scotland » November 5th, 2016, 2:21 pm

Thats hilarious! The only thing this election didn't have were ninjas..

Reminds me I should watch Escape from New York.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 5th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Campaign 84 anyone? I think the fact that Evan McMullin was seen putting his shoes on before his pants disqualifies him! Or maybe the fact that Jill Stein wants to outlaw pink cars might cost her Michigan! It seems Gary Johnson wanting to make Oysters the national food should cost him! See, THIS is why Campaign 84 is the best election game ever!

Wait? There's 2 other people running for president? I can't think of their names off of the top of my head. Strange. ;)

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 5th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Its like Alien vs Predator.. whoever wins you lose.. or we lose..

scotland

Postby scotland » November 5th, 2016, 6:52 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:Its like Alien vs Predator.. whoever wins you lose.. or we lose..

On behalf of America, we promise that whoever wins, we'll try not to start a European War...but wait, are you part of Europe today or not?

How about NES Spy Vs Spy....that kinda makes sense for this election too.

Or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures on the NES...I think you have to deliver a set of false teeth to George Washington, our nation's first President. You also are reminded to be Excellent to One Another, a lesson long since lost in this election. Wish I could enter the circuits of time myself some days.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 5th, 2016, 7:06 pm

scotland wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:Its like Alien vs Predator.. whoever wins you lose.. or we lose..

On behalf of America, we promise that whoever wins, we'll try not to start a European War...but wait, are you part of Europe today or not?

Anyones guess..I simply have no idea. think if I wanted to quote a movie it would be Beneath the planet of the apes. The brexit people are like the telepaths with their hands on the Omega device.

Return to “Video Games General”