Do not watch Ghostbusters 2016!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Stalvern

Re: Do not watch Ghostbusters 2016!

Postby Stalvern » November 3rd, 2016, 8:21 am

Tron wrote:Ha, ha that's funny. I figured I'd catch some flak for that. Actually I think average looking women are much more attractive than super model hotties. I think it has something to do with approachability and that we as humans tend to gravitate towards similiar-like people. I'm a fairly average looking dude. After seeing pictures of these women I think they are well below average looking and fall more into the unattractive range. They look rather frumpy & lack sex appeal.

What does this have to do with anything? Your own words were "I need some eye candy. So we haven't watched it." That your daughters want to see a movie that specifically appeals to them as girls is less important to you, as a parent, than your ability to have the most trivial gratification imaginable. Think for even a second about what that tells them, whether about their own femininity or about their place in your life. How is that defensible?

Rev

Postby Rev » November 3rd, 2016, 11:55 am

Ok guys let's move on past this and please focus discussion on the Ghostbusters movie. Thank you.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 3rd, 2016, 8:58 pm

Originally I was outraged like everybody else that they would dare remake this classic movie (to me) with an all-female cast. What an abomination it would be! Ended up seeing it at the drive-in with my wife and kids and on its own it had some pretty good entertainment value. Now Michael Bay and Ninja Turtles, don't even get me started on that...

Tron

Postby Tron » November 5th, 2016, 12:24 am

Stalvern wrote:
Tron wrote:Ha, ha that's funny. I figured I'd catch some flak for that. Actually I think average looking women are much more attractive than super model hotties. I think it has something to do with approachability and that we as humans tend to gravitate towards similiar-like people. I'm a fairly average looking dude. After seeing pictures of these women I think they are well below average looking and fall more into the unattractive range. They look rather frumpy & lack sex appeal.

What does this have to do with anything? Your own words were "I need some eye candy. So we haven't watched it." That your daughters want to see a movie that specifically appeals to them as girls is less important to you, as a parent, than your ability to have the most trivial gratification imaginable. Think for even a second about what that tells them, whether about their own femininity or about their place in your life. How is that defensible?

I think that quote that you ask "what does it have to do with anything?" Is actually just some rant about my sexual preferences And that of human nature. Weird huh? I guess I was just trying to explain why Ghostbusters was unappealing to me, because they weren't attractive. I got pretty far off course so sorry if I made people uncomfortable on here.

A lot of things appeal to my girls so I'm not always excited and want to encourage every little thing that they are interested in. If you ever have kids you'll know what I mean. So yeah, sitting through a 2 hour movie with them when there isn't even any eye candy sounds unappetizing. We'll just watch Gilligans Island for 30 minutes, which is long enough for me, and I'll enjoy seeing Ginger and Mary Ann.

As far as their place in my life goes they can look at me as the boss. I've sacrificed a great deal of my life for them so they can accept that more often then not we're doing things my way. they can watch the new Ghostbusters without me.

So Velcro pm me if you want I'll respond.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 6th, 2016, 2:54 am

Tron wrote:they can watch the new Ghostbusters without me.

That's entirely fair and much different from the impression I'd gotten.

Return to “Other Media”