PS3 SciFi FPS

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

PS3 SciFi FPS

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 16th, 2016, 11:35 am

Okay, so here's what's going on: I may be the only person to ever admit it, but I like Destiny. I thought it was a fun, fast paced shooter, and I generally don't like first person shooters. The problem is that it takes up so much space on my PS3 that I have to delete a ton of stuff just to play it. Does anybody know of some other good sci-fi FPS games on PS3 that play as well as Destiny does? Preferably ones with an engaging story, cuz I like games with good narratives. I recently got Resistance: Fall of Man, and it's pretty good, but in terms of mechanics and how well it plays, I still don't feel like it's as good as Destiny.

Rookie1

Re: PS3 SciFi FPS

Postby Rookie1 » November 16th, 2016, 2:20 pm

I have had poor luck with FPS's on PS3. Im not really an FPS guy but do enjoy a few franchises. I loved Kill Zone on PS2, but all of the PS3 releases were just terrible. I was excited for Doom 3, but that game is awful. Though I did pick it up primarily to get Doom 1&2 so its not a total loss. Black Ops 2 was also another bummer. Just boring blah if you ask me (and same with pretty much all other CoD games). The came the news of Duke Nukem, a beloved franchise of mine. Even as a massive Duke fan, I just couldnt get in to it.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » November 16th, 2016, 3:59 pm

I'm in the same boat, looking for the same thing. My wife doesn't know I know she got me a new PS3 for Christmas (I have a limit to how much I will pay for a console, and PS4 is not there, so I've started hinting about wanting a PS3). I have a ton of games for it already (from PS+ which I have had for a year now for my PSTV). The one thing I don't seem to have on my available downloads list for PS3 is a good Halo-like game. I love me some Halo, but don't really care for anything else from the Xbox family anymore, so I am not motivated to buy any kind of Xbox. I'm pre-emptively trying to fill that gap on PS3, and can't seem to find anything other than Destiny, and I am NOT looking for a grinding, leveling obsessed, time-sink, no matter how mechanically sound.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » November 16th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Instead of spending the money on another game, I'd actually recommend investing in a larger hard drive for your PS3. It can accommodate up to 1.5TB if I'm not mistaken.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 17th, 2016, 8:11 am

Atarifever wrote:I am NOT looking for a grinding, leveling obsessed, time-sink, no matter how mechanically sound.

I never played Destiny at launch, but from what I hear the updates have done away with most of the grinding. What you used to have to grind for (certain types of armor you needed to access a certain place) have been implemented more naturally into the game itself. So if that's your only complaint, then I'd say you should still give it a try.

Return to “Modern Gaming”