Make A List Of Humorous Things You Think Have Happened To All Of Us

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Make A List Of Humorous Things You Think Have Happened To All Of Us

Postby Retrology » November 16th, 2016, 12:17 pm

[*]As a guy that listens to a lot of observational comedy (the obvious ones; Carlin, Seinfeld, Gaffigan, etc.), I felt inspired to make this thread.

So, here's my list of humorous things that happened to me that I think happen to a lot of us.

-Getting your thumb stuck in scissor holes
-Going over the last step when going down a flight of stairs
-Going into a public bathroom where the person next to you didn't flush
-Getting your favorite seat on the bus taken by someone and being forced to sit somewhere else
-Looking the lyrics to a song up online then realizing you got a certain part completely wrong
-Driving behind someone who goes 10 mph regardless of the speed limit
-Hating your smile in a photo you tried so hard to look good in
-Looking at your watch/smartphone to check the time then forgetting what time it is right away
-Forgetting to answer a question on a scantron test completely
-Having that one friend that spontaneously changes plans at the last minute
-Breaking your pair of headphones after a few weeks forcing you to go look for a new one
-Being in college trying to get to a building you need to be in but a rally of some sort is happening and blocking your path
-Losing every pencil/pen you have ever bought
-Being asked 60 billion times "do you have a lighter?"

Stalvern

Re: Make A List Of Humorous Things You Think Have Happened To All Of Us

Postby Stalvern » November 21st, 2016, 2:23 pm

None of these things are really humorous on their own. Observational comedy isn't observing that things like this happen; it's observing things about them and offering some kind of humorous insight. I've been behind slow drivers, but that's never made me laugh - an actual routine built around that kind of anecdote would be something to laugh at.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 21st, 2016, 3:53 pm

I think all of us have probably found a barracuda in our bathtubs when inside the bathroom. Don't you just hate when that happens?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 21st, 2016, 6:35 pm

Sometimes when people ask what the date is I'll instinctively look down at my watch, even though it doesn't have the date. Seems to me I automatically look at my watch for a lot of questions like that!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » November 22nd, 2016, 12:01 pm

When you go to the bathroom and somebody put the roll on where the paper comes from the backside. I always have to change it back.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 23rd, 2016, 6:47 am

Watching our dads angrily trying to start an old lawnmower.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » November 24th, 2016, 10:43 am

That guy (or girl) who speeds past you only to get stuck at the red light one vehicle in front of you.

Strangely, getting by that slow jack@$$ in front of you only to get stuck at the oncoming red light is not nearly as humorous.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 26th, 2016, 6:31 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:That guy (or girl) who speeds past you only to get stuck at the red light one vehicle in front of you.

Strangely, getting by that slow jack@$$ in front of you only to get stuck at the oncoming red light is not nearly as humorous.

:lol:

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » November 26th, 2016, 1:09 pm

You know someone is wrong. On the internet. The information superhighway was taking you to your destination, and suddenly, here's this idiot who doesn't know how to drive.

And he or she's shouting at everyone else, for not obeying the rules.

Fortunately, you know better. And this isn't one of those surprise twist ending stories where you discover the angry idiot was you, all along. (Though I'm sure many of us can relate to that story too.)

This is the story of how you were right, they were wrong...

And they had saved everything that ever misled them to favorites. You have the facts on your side, but do you remember where you found them? Do you have the spare time to defuse every single misleading link?

Oh yeah, and you're outnumbered.

They really want their friends to back them up, on this.

I don't know whether you're right wing or left wing or the piercing mandibles or the stinging abdomen, you've experienced this if you've argued with too many angry idiots on the internet. That one time when the angry idiots won, and celebrated their victory at your expense.

The only thing that's worse, is when the angry idiots are on your side, representing everything you care about in the worst way possible.

The pain is real...

ESauce

Postby ESauce » December 2nd, 2016, 5:02 pm

matmico399 wrote:When you go to the bathroom and somebody put the roll on where the paper comes from the backside. I always have to change it back.

And if I come in after you I'm turning it back around.

Return to “Other Media”