Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 23rd, 2016, 10:45 am

This is a really cool game. Definitely one of the best open world RPGs on PS3 and 360, if not the best. The combat alone makes it better than Skyrim, IMO. I'm getting prett close to the end, so expect a review soon.

JustLikeHeaven

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Postby JustLikeHeaven » November 23rd, 2016, 1:11 pm

Yeah, this was a really fun game to play. It's kind of infamous in my state because of the whole Curt Schilling/38 Studios fiasco that went down in Rhode Island. Even though this game was made by Big Huge Games, people still associate it with the RI game studio that was unceremoniously shuttered due to having the State cut funding.

The game itself is incredibly fun to play. It's not the most original thing ever...it wears it's inspirations on it's sleeve like a badge of honor. Also, it was a tad bit too buggy from what I remember. Still fans of big games, with fun combat typically find alot to like about it. I remember sinking a solid 20-30 hours into it.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 23rd, 2016, 2:14 pm

I haven't experienced many glitches at all. And what really surprised me was how strong the story was. Then again, it was written by R.A. Salvatore, so what did I expect? lol

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 26th, 2016, 9:27 pm

I had it on 360 and was so impressed by it. I hear it only sold 1.3 million copies and that was the problem. I do think that it had all the hallmarks of a huge seller as it is so well coded.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » November 26th, 2016, 10:29 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote: Then again, it was written by R.A. Salvatore, so what did I expect? lol

So I assume it's about an invincible dark elf who wins every fight he's ever in then? :P

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 27th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Atarifever wrote:So I assume it's about an invincible dark elf who wins every fight he's ever in then? :P

Nah, the dark elf is a woman, and she's mostly there for sex appeal.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » November 27th, 2016, 9:12 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Image

Not only could you not fight in that, but I'm pretty sure moving in that at all would be impossible.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 28th, 2016, 7:18 am

I guess being the sneaky rogue means you don't actually need to defend yourself. She DOES fight with dual knives, though, so she's still kinda Drizzt-y.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » November 28th, 2016, 9:57 am

This is another that I had a lot of fun with! Lots of these style games came out around the same time , there was this, dragons dogma, skyrim , witcher 2, to name a few. Lol I was very busy to say the least ! I should really go back and play through this again ! Ozzy

Return to “Now Playing”