Thanksgiving Gaming - or games that have gone to the birds

General and high profile video game topics.
scotland171

Postby scotland171 » November 6th, 2013, 9:17 am

I forgot black friday. How about two games to capture that experience. Crazy taxi on the dreamcast for getting to the store and robotron 2084 for your instore shopping experience. I like robotron on the N64 on a compilations cart.
Maybe add in Freeway on the 2600 for the trip to grandma's house. Could make a good bannerr theme.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » November 6th, 2013, 5:59 pm

I know this is an oddball, bad game, but Chicken Run might be fun to try... They aren't turkies but close enough.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 7th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Yeah I think this is a pretty neutral time of the year when it comes to games, although sports games (football/hockey/basketball) move to the forefront for me.

I also think it's okay to continue (and maybe finish up) with the Halloween themed games since it's pretty dark and dreary out.

Off-road games are pretty good during these months, but it's too early to pull out any snow games.

By the way, our resident artist has put together an amazing new Thanksgiving banner that will put you in the spirit.  I just requested he make a few minor tweaks first.

scotland

Re: Thanksgiving Gaming - or games that have gone to the birds

Postby scotland » November 24th, 2016, 8:58 am

While I am thankful for a lot of things - small and large, I will add some Thanks to Dave for his site, and the gang here. Laughter might be good medicine, but so is having a conversation on a classic game we all love. Not only is this place a fun place to hang out for a bit, but no one can say this web site was stolen from the natives!

Time for the Macy's Parade. Maybe Thanksgiving gaming can be based on their balloons - modern or classic. Popeye, Snoopy, Pokemon, Spiderman....all are or have been balloons in the parade.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 24th, 2016, 9:30 am

I thought the parade started at 9? Almost 9:30 and I'm still waiting. They are filling time with numbers from lavish Broadway musicals - no thanks!

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » November 24th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Eggomania for the Atari 2600 yet. At the end of each round you get an opportunity to shoot the turkey who drops eggs at you from the top of the screen. That alone makes the game, which is nothing more than a Kaboom rip off, worth playing at least a few times before the tryptophan in your Thanksgiving turkey puts you to sleep till around Christmas.

shootingstar

Postby shootingstar » November 24th, 2016, 11:19 pm

I spent my time playing the ultimate Thanksgiving classic - Silent Hill 2.

Return to “Video Games General”