PSA: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has the worst week 1 in a long time/Skylanders is possibly dead!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

PSA: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has the worst week 1 in a long time/Skylanders is possibly dead!

Postby Sonicx9 » December 1st, 2016, 7:57 pm

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/266627/ ... at-retail/

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/266564/ ... at-retail/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHtMOTd6_Q

A huge drop from Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 from last year on week 1, and it looks like the infamous series is almost completely dead. Because if next years installment sells worse at week 1. The series will be ending in 2018 the earliest.

And on the subject related with Call of Duty, Skylanders Imaginators had one of the worst launch for the series to date at week 1, not counting the first game when the series was a new unproven franchise. And rumors have it that the franchise will be cancelled in 2017 because of the franchise declining starting around Skylanders: SuperChargers/SuperChargers Racing in 2015.

When the time comes for both Call of Duty/Skylanders getting killed off. The only thing that Activision has to keep them alive is Destiny, even though the hype for the first game has fizzled out. But if the second games does worse in terms of sales/reviews, they are screwed. Then Activision my need to rely on their Blizzard division and Candy Crush Saga developer King division. But will the two companies be enough to save them?

I would like to know what your guys thoughts on this situation?

Tron

Re: PSA: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has the worst week 1 in a long time/Skylanders is possibly dead!

Postby Tron » December 1st, 2016, 8:21 pm

Well hopefully they'll take some of the profits from those two series and develop a new series that will appeal to me.

Sonicx9

Re: PSA: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has the worst week 1 in a long time/Skylanders is possibly dead!

Postby Sonicx9 » December 1st, 2016, 11:37 pm

Tron wrote:Well hopefully they'll take some of the profits from those two series and develop a new series that will appeal to me.

True!

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » December 2nd, 2016, 5:50 am

I dont get the hype (or lack thereof now I guess?) of COD these. It is just the same thing over and over and over again. I will admit, I had a blast with MW and MW2 when they came out, but at the time those two games were pretty fresh. There werent too many FPS games out there, with Halo being the only direct competitor IIRC.

Its a genre that is stale and over saturated if you ask me. Its no surprise that this is happening.

I dont know much about Skylanders, but hasnt most of those type of games died out already? I think they stopped the Disney Infinity games this year didnt they? I dont even know if Amiibos are doing well anymore. I see store pegs flooded with them, doesnt look like they move at all anymore.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 2nd, 2016, 1:20 pm

Good riddance all around.

Return to “Modern Gaming”