Best Sports Games on Nintendo Portables

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
scotland

Best Sports Games on Nintendo Portables

Postby scotland » December 4th, 2016, 8:05 pm

Any suggestions for fun sports games on Nintendo portables? Any sport, any portable from GB to 3DS.

CharlieR

Re: Best Sports Games on Nintendo Portables

Postby CharlieR » December 4th, 2016, 9:05 pm

NHL 2002 on gba is pretty good, it plays a lot like NHL 96-98 on genesis, and the madden games on gba look like they play like older sports games.

I've played Mario sports games, Mario golf on 3ds being the one I've played a lot of. I also remember Mario hoops on ds being fun. Mario sports superstars comes out next year for 3ds.

pwooten

Postby pwooten » December 16th, 2016, 7:35 am

I've heard the Mario Tennis games on GBC and GBA are both pretty good.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » February 20th, 2017, 10:49 am

I have Mario tennis on GBA and it has a create-a-character that you can level up.

Golf - I played a ton of Mario golf on 3ds. Great course design and options for created golfer. Final round golf 2002 for GBA was a nice surprise

Basketball - This is my favorite sport. It seems the most popular basketball game on a Nintendo portable is Mario hoops 3-on-3. There aren't a lot of options other than that. I know GBA has backyard basketball, Street Jam, and Harlem Globetrotters (also on ds.)

Football - A lot of Madden games, across all systems, including a 3ds game, which I believe was a launch title, and looks like an arcade style game. Avoid NFL blitz games.

Hockey - NHL 2002 on GBA I mentioned. Plays like NHL 96/97/98 on Genesis but faster. There's an NHL hitz on GBA that is decent as well.

Mario Sports Superstars comes out on March 24th. More gameplay videos are starting to come out. The game has Tennis, Golf, Soccer, horse racing, and baseball. Weird that they have Tennis and Golf, as those are already full games on 3ds. I'm most excited to play Soccer, but it doesn't look like it has the same hitting as Mario Strikers, which won't make it as fun.

cicbcw

Postby cicbcw » March 9th, 2017, 9:52 am

I enjoyed Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 for the Nintendo DS where you used the stylus to swing your club.

Return to “Classic Gaming”