Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy trailer

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy trailer

Postby Sonicx9 » December 4th, 2016, 10:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7G91RjVmvk

I know that dave the Video Game Critic will love this.

And BTW I was at the PlayStation Experience 2016 at the Anaheim Convention Center, and got to play that and Yooka-Laylee. And both are awesome and I hope both games get Nintendo Switch Ports.

Robotrek

Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy trailer

Postby Robotrek » December 5th, 2016, 3:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71nHFGYDs-s

When a 4 year old fan demo can produce a more visually appealing environment.

Wishing we'd get a sequel and not a remake that looks like it's from the Xbox/Gamecube era.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » December 5th, 2016, 6:43 am

Man, of course its exclusive to PS4. I should probably pick up the originals before the prices get too out of hand.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » December 5th, 2016, 9:12 am

These were some of my favorites as a kid. Well, 2 and 3 were. I didn't play the first much because the save system annoyed me.

Too bad it's only on ps4. They could probably do it on ps3 if you ask me, but ps3 is old news now lol. Anyone bummed that it is more of a remake/remaster of the old games and not a new 2.5d style adventure? I don't have a ps4, but just playing a remake of a game just with graphical updates, new menus, better save features doesn't sound as exciting.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » December 5th, 2016, 11:05 am

CharlieR wrote:These were some of my favorites as a kid. Well, 2 and 3 were. I didn't play the first much because the save system annoyed me.

Too bad it's only on ps4. They could probably do it on ps3 if you ask me, but ps3 is old news now lol. Anyone bummed that it is more of a remake/remaster of the old games and not a new 2.5d style adventure? I don't have a ps4, but just playing a remake of a game just with graphical updates, new menus, better save features doesn't sound as exciting.

Im fine with the remakes.

For digital releases like this, I see no reason why they cant release it on a PS3. I can understand if they want to dedicate a physical release to the new system, that makes sense, but a digital release should cover the massive PS3 market as well. Its not like they have anything to lose with that.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » December 5th, 2016, 11:45 am

Even 3ds Might be able to handle it. PS3 for sure, but it's all about PS4 I guess.

The prices for the original games aren't bad either. 2 and 3 can be had for around $20, with the original a little more.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » December 5th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Rookie1 wrote:
CharlieR wrote:These were some of my favorites as a kid. Well, 2 and 3 were. I didn't play the first much because the save system annoyed me.

Im fine with the remakes.

For digital releases like this, I see no reason why they cant release it on a PS3. I can understand if they want to dedicate a physical release to the new system, that makes sense, but a digital release should cover the massive PS3 market as well. Its not like they have anything to lose with that.

It could technically be ported to the PS3, as the game does run on an updated version of Skylanders Imaginators engine, which was released on the PS3. And I can confirm this because I ask the Activision staff at the PlayStation Experience 2016 event at the Anaheim Convention Center and said it does run on an updated version of Skylanders Imaginators Engine. Also keep in note that they have not said if the game is exclusive to PS4/Pro or not, because neither Sony or Naughty Dog are involved with the remakes. It is being done by both Activision and Vicarious Visions. Who are no strangers to multi-platform releases. It could also be a timed exclusive with ports for PC/Xbox One/Scorpio/Nintendo Switch to come out in the near future if the remake collection is a huge succses.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 6th, 2016, 1:52 am

I don't buy the timed exclusive idea.

Naughty Dog and Sony were involved with the original 3, so I think this game was made in COOPERATION with Activision. Naughty Dog and Sony own the games (Crash 1, 2, and 3), and Activision owns the NAME (Crash Bandicoot). So this game will likely always be Sony console exclusive, sorry to say.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » December 6th, 2016, 2:54 pm

Robotrek wrote:I don't buy the timed exclusive idea.

Naughty Dog and Sony were involved with the original 3, so I think this game was made in COOPERATION with Activision. Naughty Dog and Sony own the games (Crash 1, 2, and 3), and Activision owns the NAME (Crash Bandicoot). So this game will likely always be Sony console exclusive, sorry to say.

I do not believe it will stay exclusive. Because if you remember what happened to games like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Son of Rome. Microsoft Xbox brand claimed that both games where 100% locked Xbox One exclusives, but both would later come to PC a year later. And mind you, it is extremely rare for games from 3rd party to stay exclusive, because 99% of the time it is a timed exclusive, a semi console exclusive (one console along with a PC/Mobile ports to go along side.), or brand exclusive (Atlus with Persona 5), etc. So it makes me wherry because now and days when companies say things are exclusive. You can not trust their word on keeping their so called promise.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » December 7th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
Robotrek wrote:I don't buy the timed exclusive idea.

I do not believe it will stay exclusive. Because if you remember what happened to games like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Son of Rome. Microsoft Xbox brand claimed that both games where 100% locked Xbox One exclusives, but both would later come to PC a year later. And mind you, it is extremely rare for games from 3rd party to stay exclusive, because 99% of the time it is a timed exclusive, a semi console exclusive (one console along with a PC/Mobile ports to go along side.), or brand exclusive (Atlus with Persona 5), etc. So it makes me wherry because now and days when companies say things are exclusive. You can not trust their word on keeping their so called promise.

It's not really a question of them keeping their promise though. If Sony owns the rights to the original games then Activision can't release them on another platform without Sony's permission. And why would Sony give them that permission?

Return to “Modern Gaming”