Madden 95 (Genesis)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Breaker

Madden 95 (Genesis)

Postby Breaker » December 14th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Just played the heck out of a season on this classic. Took the 49ers to a Super Bowl championship. All in about a week's time.

The simple play-ability of this era of sports games is appealing to me. Sure, the graphics aren't perfect and the audio sounds all fuzzy, but the players move fluidly and it is actually possible to run a balanced offense.

All in all, nothing GREAT about this cart, but certainly plenty of fun to fool around with for a week.

Teddybear

Re: Madden 95 (Genesis)

Postby Teddybear » December 15th, 2016, 6:10 am

I did the same exact thing in September (played a full season) and agree 100% - it was well-worth the time spent.

I had to "settle" for playing '95 since the internal batteries in my Madden 96, 97 and 98 carts no longer will save the season for me.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 23rd, 2016, 4:47 pm

The only reason the Super Nintendo version was better was because they had that awesome Fox theme in it. That was nothing short of epic.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » December 24th, 2016, 4:22 pm

Herschie wrote:The only reason the Super Nintendo version was better was because they had that awesome Fox theme in it. That was nothing short of epic.

I've never played the SNES version, so maybe there's another Fox theme that I'm unaware of, but the Genesis version certainly has the Fox theme playing when you fire it up.

Bah-da-bum, bah-da-baah, bah-da-bum, bah-da-baah, bah-da-bum, bah-da-bah-bah-bah-bah-baaaaah!

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » December 25th, 2016, 12:14 am

Teddybear wrote:I did the same exact thing in September (played a full season) and agree 100% - it was well-worth the time spent.

I had to "settle" for playing '95 since the internal batteries in my Madden 96, 97 and 98 carts no longer will save the season for me.

Those batteries are really easy to swap out BTW. Some models the batteries are soldered in, but it's pretty easy to remove without damaging anything. Then grab a pack of lithium batteries from the store and swap them out. I've done it with SNES cartridges many times. It shouldn't be different on a genesis cartridge I think. Probably pretty easy to find out how on the internet.

/Yes... that's all I have to contribute.
//That and my favorite football game: Mutant League football. Never liked the hockey one, but loved the football game.

Return to “Now Playing”